Best time of day to take Arimedix/Anastrozole tablets---morning or night????

Options
jbuff
jbuff Member Posts: 27
I have been having trouble sleeping so I am wondering if it would help to take the Arimedix/Anastrozole tablets at night to help with the sleeping problems???//?

Comments

• mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I take mine in the morning
    I take mine in the morning because I was having trouble sleeping when I took it at night. I am not sure if that make the difference or not.

Cindy
  • mckevnic
    mckevnic Member Posts: 71
    Options
    I take mine (anastrozole)
    I take mine (anastrozole) with dinner. Sometimes I have trouble sleeping but most nights I sleep pretty well. I am 11 months into the 5 yrs. My bigger complaint about this drug is the stiffness/joint pain I have.
    Chris
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    I take anastrozole at night;
    I take anastrozole at night; it does not seem to interfere with my sleep. xoxoxo Lynn
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

I take anastrozole at night;
    I take anastrozole at night; it does not seem to interfere with my sleep. xoxoxo Lynn

Good question, since a few
    Good question, since a few days ago I was switched from tamoxifen to anastrozole I may need to know this. I've always taken my tamoxifen in the morning with breakfast and I will continue to do so with my new script. Wow... I just can't believe I am now "Post menopausal". LOL

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Good question, since a few days ago I was switched from tamoxifen to anastrozole I may need to know this. I've always taken my tamoxifen in the morning with breakfast and I will continue to do so with my new script. Wow... I just can't believe I am now "Post menopausal". LOL

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Started taking it at night
    but had trouble sleeping. So, I switched to the morning. Still have trouble sleeping! I've been on it 16 months. I think I'll probably have the sleep issues no matter what. I guess it's trial and error for everyone. Good luck with it.

Hugs, Renee
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    missrenee said:

Started taking it at night
    but had trouble sleeping. So, I switched to the morning. Still have trouble sleeping! I've been on it 16 months. I think I'll probably have the sleep issues no matter what. I guess it's trial and error for everyone. Good luck with it.

Hugs, Renee

I take mine
    I take mine in the morning with b/p meds. Still have trouble sleeping sometimes, but the achy joints and all the other SE I had with femera are gone, so I'll toss and turn a little. Been on the anastrzole now 5 mos. The femera lasted 7 mos and I couldn't stand the SE from that one.

Good luck whenever you decide to take it.

marge
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I take mine
    I take mine in the morning with b/p meds. Still have trouble sleeping sometimes, but the achy joints and all the other SE I had with femera are gone, so I'll toss and turn a little. Been on the anastrzole now 5 mos. The femera lasted 7 mos and I couldn't stand the SE from that one.

Good luck whenever you decide to take it.

marge

Take my Femara with supper
    since that's what my MO suggested. I haven't had any problems with it. I sometimes have trouble sleeping but that's usually due to the hot flashes and they've gotten better since starting the evening primrose.
  • Jean Chambers
    Jean Chambers Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Why are you switching from
    Why are you switching from Tamoxifen? I am switching from Anastrozole to Tamoxifen.
  • Jean Chambers
    Jean Chambers Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Why are you switching from
    Why are you switching from Tamoxifen? I am switching from Anastrozole to Tamoxifen.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    In the morning
    I'm not on Arimedix - I've been on Femara for 21 months and take it in the AM. For me - I'd probably forget it most nights IF I took it at night and I definately don't want that. So I take it in the morning 1/2 hr after I take my Synthroid (another 'thing' that started approx. 1 1/2 yrs after last Chemo).

There are nights that I can't sleep (but then I've always had those nights occasional) so I have Ambien (lowest dose) for those few nights. While on Taxol I had big no sleep issues so I got the Ambien then but I still have it "just in cae". All I can say is talk to your DR about the sleep issues.

Susan
  • Ticky
    Ticky Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Rague said:

In the morning
    I'm not on Arimedix - I've been on Femara for 21 months and take it in the AM. For me - I'd probably forget it most nights IF I took it at night and I definately don't want that. So I take it in the morning 1/2 hr after I take my Synthroid (another 'thing' that started approx. 1 1/2 yrs after last Chemo).

There are nights that I can't sleep (but then I've always had those nights occasional) so I have Ambien (lowest dose) for those few nights. While on Taxol I had big no sleep issues so I got the Ambien then but I still have it "just in cae". All I can say is talk to your DR about the sleep issues.

Susan

In the morning or afternoon
    I take mine in the morning or afternoon. It keeps me awake if I take it a bedtime.

Hugs,

Ticky
  • Ticky
    Ticky Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Rague said:

In the morning

Susan

In the morning or afternoon
    I take mine in the morning or afternoon. It keeps me awake if I take it a bedtime.

Hugs,

Ticky