Is a Small mouth Bass and a Small mouth Hondo the samething?

Options
2»

Comments

• ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi John

I try to do all I can to take care of the teeth but with only 12mm to 14mm of opening you can’t do much. Now that I can get the 20mm I can do a little more but I am afraid the damage is already there. My Oncal doctor did not give me much help in the beginning with what needs to be done because like he said I did not expect you to live, what faith he had in his own work. Anyway I am on the right path now I believe just need a plan and stick to it.

Sharing here is what helps us all to know what to expect what is coming. Just wish I knew about CSN back when I first started rather then 7 years later, but at lease I did finally find it

Thanks
    ╠╣ONDO

Water pik and Domed?
    I cannot bestow the wonders of a water pick enough. If you don't have one, get one. These things get all those little pieces of left over food out from your gums that no amount of brushing will ever get. I can brush my teeth and when I follow with the water pik I see all kinds of gunk in the sink. There are different settings to dial up the right pressure as high pressure on our radiated gums can hurt. I use a low 4-5.

John, what is a domed tooth and why is it done? Do you need a root canal first. Is this something that can be used as an alternative to an extraction?
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

site
    http://www.usa.philips.com/c/flexcare/24513/cat/en/#filterState=FLEXCARE_PLUS_SU_US_CONSUMER=true

I have the long thin brush area. it's the one for gums. I love it as it does all the work for you and you do not put pressure on it just let it float. Like I said before hold it at 45 degree to gum line. That way it pulls the gums away from teeth and cleans it out. The other help is it seems to message the teeth. Use it on your tongue to get all the crap off. I actually used some on roof when I first started to use it. Once cleaner I did not have to do this. Since I been using it for 7 years now I have had very few new decay area's, where I used to have 3-4 new ones every three months.

They have them at some stores. Best money I have spent on my teeth.

John

Hi John

Great video I will see about getting one along with a water pic. If I can just get a hydraulic Jaw jack now to get it open a little more that too will help, Ha ha ha

╠╣ONDO
  • Hondo
    Options
    ratface said:

Water pik and Domed?
    I cannot bestow the wonders of a water pick enough. If you don't have one, get one. These things get all those little pieces of left over food out from your gums that no amount of brushing will ever get. I can brush my teeth and when I follow with the water pik I see all kinds of gunk in the sink. There are different settings to dial up the right pressure as high pressure on our radiated gums can hurt. I use a low 4-5.

John, what is a domed tooth and why is it done? Do you need a root canal first. Is this something that can be used as an alternative to an extraction?

Ratface

The more I hear of using a water pic the better it sounds, I guess I should have done it years ago.

╠╣ONDO
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    ratface said:

Water pik and Domed?

Domed
    first i might have miss spelled it. Yes a root canal is need first, then the cut the tooth off above the gum and round it over like a dome. It has worked well for me and all are in the back.

I wish I had all my teeth taken out prior to treatment. At the very least have the bottom two in the back on each side. I know some of the local doctor's are starting to ask some patients to have the back two removed.

Yep the waterpic is perfect, i use mine first to get most all the crap out, then i floss, brush and use waterpic again to get all the tooth paste out I can so the fluoride can get to where it needs to be.

John
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

Domed
    first i might have miss spelled it. Yes a root canal is need first, then the cut the tooth off above the gum and round it over like a dome. It has worked well for me and all are in the back.

I wish I had all my teeth taken out prior to treatment. At the very least have the bottom two in the back on each side. I know some of the local doctor's are starting to ask some patients to have the back two removed.

Yep the waterpic is perfect, i use mine first to get most all the crap out, then i floss, brush and use waterpic again to get all the tooth paste out I can so the fluoride can get to where it needs to be.

John

yep, the bottom rears
    I wish I would have had all the rear molars removed prior to radiation . It was recommended and I was to eager to get started with treatment. Live and learn! What a wonderful phrase that is. Thanks for the Dome explanation.
  • Hondo
    Options
    ratface said:

yep, the bottom rears
    I wish I would have had all the rear molars removed prior to radiation . It was recommended and I was to eager to get started with treatment. Live and learn! What a wonderful phrase that is. Thanks for the Dome explanation.

:+}
    Domed, I was wondering about that too and was afraid it was something like Doomed.

╠╣ONDO