? on those who wear foobs

Options
sweetvickid
sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
My chest is concave where the boobs used to be. I find all of the foobs to curve away (convex) from the chest. To me this is dumb. It makes a big gap that I find uncomfortable. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I had the same gap your
    I had the same gap your talking about. I didn't find the prostheses comfortable at all. The pocket was never the right size to keep them from moving around. I finally stopped wearing them altogether. Now I just wear sports bras and loos tops. I never seen one that actually fit my body. I guess they forget about the back side of the prostheses. And assume every one is built the same. Good luck I hope you find one that is comfortable for you. Take care Kay
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Vicki
    My professional fitter gave me 2 different sizes because my right side is more concave. I wear a leisure bra with weighted foam girls. I haven't worn my mastectomy bras with silicone (again 2 different sizes) for quite some time because I have not lost the weight I gained going through chemo.
    Char
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I found them uncomfortable
    I found them uncomfortable for different reasons. It seems my LE is worse when I wear them. I just went shopping (with my daughter) for clothes that look ok with out boobs.....
    Still thinking about the implants.

Cindy
  • cathyp
    cathyp Member Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    my solution
    After spending so much money on weighted foobs, I have resorted to sports bras and foam forms. I can still easily get things over my head so I buy the Hanes brand (can find at Wmart Kmart and Target etc) and they have a soft cup that looks ok under T shirts. I add the foam foobs (about $12) under the bra. The forms then conform to my chest wall. If you have problems w/arm movement, I would suggest sports bras w/back or front closures.
    Cathy
  • cathyp
    cathyp Member Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    double post
    double post