fatigue

Options
jphilpo
jphilpo Member Posts: 177
Hi all,

Well, I just had to share. I work in the office of an elementary school and I have a wonderful principal who has been so kind to me during mt surgeries, chemo, radiation, etc...

I still am so tired almost 2 years out that I can not make it through the day without a "rest". Yesterday, I slept for 10 minutes, today 1/2 an hour!! I go in to a small workroom and the next thing I know, I am waking up.

I am on tamoxifen and tramadol, to help with side effects from tramadol,.......

I have done a lot of research in to fatigue and this seems to be common in some women. I just don't know how to deal with it during the day. I can mamage at home, because I can rest, but at work , it's hard. Any advice?

Jean

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Fatigue
    Hi Jean,

It's to long ago that I took Tamoxifen to remember about fatigue. On Femara, I was hit hard with fatigue. I change the time of day that I took the pill from morning until evening (when I got out of work). If the fatigue hit me, I was asleep. lol

I didn't have any more problems after I switched time. If I remember correctly, Tamoxifen comes in 2 pills, 10 mg each? Maybe take one in late afternoon and early evening.

Drugs usually are the culprits for fatigue.

Best,

Doris
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    Options
    Jean, the tamoxifen is most
    Jean, the tamoxifen is most likely causing the exhaustion. My aunt has been on it a total of 7 years. this is 2 separate cancers. i am only on it now for 4 months and was exhausted at first. My aunt told me to take it at bedtime. I actually take it right before I close my eyes and have found it helps a LOT! It does take me longer to wake up in the mornings but atleast I can keep my eyes open most of the day. I take 1 pill a day. Hopefully if you try this it may help~

Angela
  • jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    Options
    robang13 said:

Jean, the tamoxifen is most likely causing the exhaustion. My aunt has been on it a total of 7 years. this is 2 separate cancers. i am only on it now for 4 months and was exhausted at first. My aunt told me to take it at bedtime. I actually take it right before I close my eyes and have found it helps a LOT! It does take me longer to wake up in the mornings but atleast I can keep my eyes open most of the day. I take 1 pill a day. Hopefully if you try this it may help~

Angela

thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I take one tamoxifen right before bed. So, ... I think the tramadol I am taking for pain is also to blame. I wake up ok, but I tend to "crash" about 1:30.
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    Options
    jphilpo said:

thanks
    Thanks for the reply. I take one tamoxifen right before bed. So, ... I think the tramadol I am taking for pain is also to blame. I wake up ok, but I tend to "crash" about 1:30.

Yep, it's most likely the
    Yep, it's most likely the pain meds. Tramadol can do that to you. I take percocet for chronic back pain and find that about 3pm I need a few minutes of shut eye. The only pain meds that don't make me feel that way is vicoden. Good luck~

angela
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    @jean..sorry having
    @jean..sorry having issues..I dont' have fatigue at all ...from Tamoxifen..nice you have caring boss...even if I could nap in day when I wake up...I am in panic-like late for work or didnt' pick up my grandsons from day care etc..

I DONT" SLEEP well at all ...up about 4-5 x each night!

I have about 18mths left on tamoxifen (had hysterectomy 6mths ago from side effects of med)

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    robang13 said:

Angela

@jean..I am the opposite
    I take my tamoxifen first thing in the am or I feel wired or like crawling out of my skin..

Denise
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

@jean..sorry having
    @jean..sorry having issues..I dont' have fatigue at all ...from Tamoxifen..nice you have caring boss...even if I could nap in day when I wake up...I am in panic-like late for work or didnt' pick up my grandsons from day care etc..

I DONT" SLEEP well at all ...up about 4-5 x each night!

I have about 18mths left on tamoxifen (had hysterectomy 6mths ago from side effects of med)

Denise

i am on tamoxifen and have
    i am on tamoxifen and have lots of fatique, dont know if its form treatment or what. it is frustrating. i am almost two years out of chemo. i had a rough go of it, but...???
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    fatigue
    I have been on Tamoxifen and Gabapentin since July 2010 and get very fatigued i had to cut back on the Gabapentin from 1800 mg to 1200 mg what i do is talk a short walk in the afternoon and that helps and also move around much as possible if i sit down i'm a goner hope this helps