Any way to lift the fog?

Options
LoriQ
LoriQ Member Posts: 9
Is is chemo fog or from the Compazine or maybe the Nuelasta? Does it get any better or just a continual thing?

Comments

• grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    Mine is better
    Since chemo ended the last of April I do seem to be getting better. No more total empty-brain moments, just some occasional forgetfulness. I didn't take Neulasta but did take Compazine and had chemo. So my vote is the chemo.

Hang in there,

Jennifer
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    Stupid double post
    Sorry
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Ugh...it's
    been over 5 years and I still feel like some days I'm in a fog. It's not as bad, however, it hasn't gone away completely.

HAVE to have my post it notes.

Hope it gets better for you!

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Ugh...it's
    been over 5 years and I still feel like some days I'm in a fog. It's not as bad, however, it hasn't gone away completely.

HAVE to have my post it notes.

Hope it gets better for you!

Hugs,

Sylvia

I read articles that said to
    I read articles that said to anticipate the chemo fog to last at least a length of time equal to your active treatment. I was in treatment: surgery and chemo for about 5 months then started Femara. I had serious chemo brain from the end of chemo in August until about May or June. It got progressively better from about February-March. I was frightened I wouldn't be able to keep my job, but it did slowly lift. Hang in there and exercise your brain whenever you can; i.e., puzzles, etc. Good luck!

Chickadee
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    chemo brain is real
    But the good news is, I am a year out, and for the most part can think clearly. The words don't always come out of my mouth correctly, but I just laugh it off...better to speak silly than the ulternative. So sometimes I babble, use the wrong word, say lots of, well you know what I means....and get through the day..friends and co-workers understand, and anyone that doesn't, I hope they never have to...hang in there, you will get you back. Cancer is just something that happened to you, it isn't you. You are still there. You will come back to you, and a more aware, new version that you will love like never before...so for now..just babble, forget, survive..k..Sinee
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    sinee said:

chemo brain is real
    But the good news is, I am a year out, and for the most part can think clearly. The words don't always come out of my mouth correctly, but I just laugh it off...better to speak silly than the ulternative. So sometimes I babble, use the wrong word, say lots of, well you know what I means....and get through the day..friends and co-workers understand, and anyone that doesn't, I hope they never have to...hang in there, you will get you back. Cancer is just something that happened to you, it isn't you. You are still there. You will come back to you, and a more aware, new version that you will love like never before...so for now..just babble, forget, survive..k..Sinee

I am 16 months post chemo
    (6 rounds of TAC) and had a horrible time in the beginning. I would be talking and completely lose my train of thought mid-sentence. It's much better now, and like Sinee, I laugh it off. I'm not working, but I do wonder if I had to again if I could do my job as I have in the past. Keeping details straight is still hard for me. Also, I've noticed if I have too much on my mind--such as a to-do list or if the house is really messy, my brain gets jumbled and I feel very distressed. So, I have lists all over the house!

Hopefully, in time, you'll get back to normal.

Hugs, Renee
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    It gets better
    It gets better. I finished chemo in 10/09 and it's gotten better. I still think I'm saying one thing and it comes out just the opposite, but I'm trying to remember to believe other people (particularly my husband) when I do it. Sometimes also repeat stories but I think that one's age, I'm almost 58.

marge
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

It gets better
    It gets better. I finished chemo in 10/09 and it's gotten better. I still think I'm saying one thing and it comes out just the opposite, but I'm trying to remember to believe other people (particularly my husband) when I do it. Sometimes also repeat stories but I think that one's age, I'm almost 58.

marge

Better but still "foggy" sometimes.
    Finished chemo last Thanksgiving then had surgery and rads. Everything I've read says to eat lots of protein and exercise your brain so I've added peanut butter to my whole grain toast in the morning and read a lot and do puzzles etc. It's better but still not quite back to normal. The biggest problem is remembering where I've put things for safe keeping. Family & friends understand and my new home decor is sticky notes. My mind used to retain whole conversations for weeks and it sure doesn't do that any more but it's improving. Sorry Marge, I refuse to think it's age - I'm 57.