Taxotere & Cytoxan side efffects

Options
JenniferO
JenniferO Member Posts: 12
Did anyone have bad trouble sleeping with taxoter & cytoxan? I'm on round 3 and cannot sleep. Also have terrible anxiety & depressoin - will i ever be normal again?

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    Hey Jennifer
    I am nearly 16 months out of chemo CT same as you. I have reached what most of us call our new normal. It will get better but it does take time. I am sorry you are having trouble sleeping, I did but usually just for a couple of days after treatment. I did have issues with depression and anxiety, I had some problems with them before also. I had meds for it. I had Xanax and on nights I had trouble sleeping I took one of those and it did help. Please just talk to your Dr and see what they can do for you. God Bless
    (((hugs)))
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    I too got something, Ativan
    I too got something, Ativan and Zanex that I take if needed to help me sleep and it helped with nausea and anxiety. I haven't really experienced much depression, thou. But it does get better and normal is different but there are even now plenty of times where I don't even think about the cancer.
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    camul said:

I too got something, Ativan
    I too got something, Ativan and Zanex that I take if needed to help me sleep and it helped with nausea and anxiety. I haven't really experienced much depression, thou. But it does get better and normal is different but there are even now plenty of times where I don't even think about the cancer.

same here... i just did
    same here... i just did round 4...2 more to go...my doctor gave me something but it really doesnt work for me....chemo has not been good to me...the side effects sucks..but i keep telling myself 2 more and this crappy crap will be over with....take care

Hugs Eva
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    I took those drugs too. I
    I took those drugs too. I had a doctor prescribe me something so I could sleep and I got something for depression. I think this is a normal part of trying to deal with this devestating disease. The medications really helped me.

hugs Judy