For Chickadee

Options
Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
The stuffed peppers were delicious!! Even my daughter (she's picky about green food, and doesn't usually eat peppers) enjoyed them. We had them on a day that both my hubby and I were too tired to cook...thank you so much!!!

I'm already looking forward to our next lunch.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Somehow your CSN email is set up so that I can't send you private messages, I can't even reply to messages you send me. :(

Comments

• Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am so glad your family
    I am so glad your family enjoyed the peppers. I have no idea how I've set up my CSN mail, but I'll see if I can change something. I border on 'techno-lame'. Can't wait for our next outing. I really enjoy getting together with you, Suzanee and Rena.

Deborah
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

I am so glad your family
    I am so glad your family enjoyed the peppers. I have no idea how I've set up my CSN mail, but I'll see if I can change something. I border on 'techno-lame'. Can't wait for our next outing. I really enjoy getting together with you, Suzanee and Rena.

Deborah

Deborah .. Yum ....
    stuffed peppers sound like a wonderful .. cooler weather dinner ... easy recipe?

Vicki Sam
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Deborah .. Yum ....
    stuffed peppers sound like a wonderful .. cooler weather dinner ... easy recipe?

Vicki Sam

Hi VickiSam
    Quite easy.
    Take six bell peppers (any color);cut off tops and chop them, set aside. Take out seeds, etc. set aside the whole peppers.

Filling:

Brown a lb of ground beef (or I guess you could use turkey) and drain.
    Add 1/2 a chopped onion and the pepper tops to the beef and saute until peppers soften. Add a package of Chicken Rice a Roni (yes, chicken), seasoning mix and all.
    Add 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels, 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp of black pepper and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.

Mix well and fill the peppers. Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray, add the peppers and pour an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce over the top.
    Cook on low for 6 hours or so and voila! (I cheat and throw a little extra cheese on top at the very end, just because I'm a cheese-a-holic).

Hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Hi VickiSam
    Quite easy.
    Take six bell peppers (any color);cut off tops and chop them, set aside. Take out seeds, etc. set aside the whole peppers.

Filling:

Brown a lb of ground beef (or I guess you could use turkey) and drain.
    Add 1/2 a chopped onion and the pepper tops to the beef and saute until peppers soften. Add a package of Chicken Rice a Roni (yes, chicken), seasoning mix and all.
    Add 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels, 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp of black pepper and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.

Mix well and fill the peppers. Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray, add the peppers and pour an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce over the top.
    Cook on low for 6 hours or so and voila! (I cheat and throw a little extra cheese on top at the very end, just because I'm a cheese-a-holic).

Hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did.

Thank you so much Chickadee for sharing
    ... hummmmmm going to make stuffed peppers .. soon!!

Vicki Sam