MRI shows white spots

Hi everybody. I had an MRI done on my arm and neck a couple of weeks ago. My arm has been hurting since July. I finally saw an orthopedic dr. that ordered the MRI. The nurse told me to call back the day after to get the results. I did. But they said, the dr. hadn't finished his notes yet and they would call me back. They never did. So I called them again a couple days later. I was told that the nurse I needed to talk to was in the room with a patient. I'm like, ok. I left my name and number again, and still no response. The MRI lab had given me a cd to give to the dr. Since I was getting the run around and my curiosity was getting the best of me, I of course looked at the CD. There were white spots like circles on my upper arm. There were also images of my head and my neck of course which has been hurting for quite some time now. White spots were in several places in my head and down the side of my neck. I'm curious now, is this cancer? Would someone please tell me what those spots probably are. Is there anyone who has seen the results of their MRI before? Thank you in advance for your help.

Veronica

Comments

• sunnyaz
    sunnyaz Member Posts: 582
    White Spots
    Hi Veronica,

I am sorry to hear you are getting the run around. This is the most frustrating thing about dealing with doctors offices. Now, without seeing the MRI and of course, I am NOT a doctor, I do know that it could be nothing more than calcium deposits. Worst case scenario, Multiple Sclerosis. This is only if it shows up in the brain and not in the arm. It all depends on where they are located. What kind of symptoms are you having? Have you had problems with balance, numbness, peripheral vision or double vision? I don't want you to panic about this. Try to get your doctor on the phone as soon as possible. Be insistent about getting answers. I will keep you in my prayers.

Blessings,
    Julie-SunnyAZ
  • veronica57
    veronica57 Member Posts: 98
    sunnyaz said:

White Spots
    Hi Veronica,

I am sorry to hear you are getting the run around. This is the most frustrating thing about dealing with doctors offices. Now, without seeing the MRI and of course, I am NOT a doctor, I do know that it could be nothing more than calcium deposits. Worst case scenario, Multiple Sclerosis. This is only if it shows up in the brain and not in the arm. It all depends on where they are located. What kind of symptoms are you having? Have you had problems with balance, numbness, peripheral vision or double vision? I don't want you to panic about this. Try to get your doctor on the phone as soon as possible. Be insistent about getting answers. I will keep you in my prayers.

Blessings,
    Julie-SunnyAZ

Hi Julie
    It's good to talk to you. I'm holding out hope. I try to think it's just the muscle. I did see another onco the other day, and he said thyroid cancer don't usually mestastasize the bone. But the pain is beginning to start in my other arm as well. The images on the cd shows spots at the bottom of my also. I don't know about periperal vision but, the vision in my left eye is really getting awful. I have infection that keeps draining from both my eyes in the mornings. I keep saying I'm going to make an appointment with my eye doctor. But I have yet to do so. On the positive side though, the new onco is having me get another ct scan. I'm hoping this will let us know something one way or the other. I also still have yet to see the orthopedic doctor. For some reason, he want me to see one of his partners. I'm very persistent though and trying every day not to give up. Thank you for your prayers.

How is it going for you and your husband? I will be praying for you too. God bless you.

Veronica