last treatment was on October 7th

Options
dmdudra
dmdudra Member Posts: 50
so thankful that my last treatment was on October 7th.. My question for you ladies is when does the hair on the head start growing again after T/C treatment.. cause my little bald head is getting cold with the weather and winter coming on..and to other doing the same treatment, I know it might not seem like it but the time does go by fast... hang in there and never give up...

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    It DOES Grow Back
    I had 4 rounds of A/C and 12 rounds of Taxotere. By the last one in August 2010 I was as bald as an egg. By February 2011 my hair was very short but did completely cover my scalp. It came in curly and I had always had very straight hair so it took some getting used to. It did, however, beat the alternative, which was bald. As we often have some reasonably warm days here in Northern California even in February, I was able to go out without a wig or head covering of some kind then. I was pretty self-conscious as I had never purposely had such short hair. I did not want people to look at me and think, "Did she purposely cut her hair like that or has she been sick?" I can truly relate when you say your little bald head is getting cold. My favorite indoor head covering was a terry-cloth cap. It was like having a small warm towel on my head.

You are right - Hang in there and never give up.

IRENE
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    wow
    :) I remember you! Time goes by so fast!!! I can't believe you're done already!?! But good for you and congrats!

My hair started to come out about a month after taxol. They start very very little, and really short. My last treatment was July 8 and already about about an inch long of hair. I hope you get yours soon too.

Congrats again!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    My hair started coming back
    My hair started coming back about 4 to 6 weeks. I had fuzzies the whole time. I shaved my head when I started loosing my hair. But the fuzzies came right back. when My hair started growing in I had to cut off the fuzz so it wouldn't be sticking out of my hair. LOL
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

It DOES Grow Back
    I had 4 rounds of A/C and 12 rounds of Taxotere. By the last one in August 2010 I was as bald as an egg. By February 2011 my hair was very short but did completely cover my scalp. It came in curly and I had always had very straight hair so it took some getting used to. It did, however, beat the alternative, which was bald. As we often have some reasonably warm days here in Northern California even in February, I was able to go out without a wig or head covering of some kind then. I was pretty self-conscious as I had never purposely had such short hair. I did not want people to look at me and think, "Did she purposely cut her hair like that or has she been sick?" I can truly relate when you say your little bald head is getting cold. My favorite indoor head covering was a terry-cloth cap. It was like having a small warm towel on my head.

You are right - Hang in there and never give up.

IRENE

Congratulations!

Congratulations!