do not want to take anastrozole?

Options
janie560
janie560 Member Posts: 42
edited October 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
Saw oncoligiist today. IDC stage1clear nodes, Oncotype results was 6 if i take estrogen progestrone drugs. Soon will be doing radiation. Has anyone had similiar diagnosis and not do the drugs. They want me to start taking Arimidex

Comments

• gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Options
    I stopped the drugs..
    because of all the side effects. Doctor said since I was stage one, and very small cancer, and clear nodes I didn't need to take the drugs if I chose not to. Hoping you don't get all the side effects. Most people don't. It has been a year since lumpectomy and Nov.10 will be a year since last radiation. My mammo came back clean. Praying it will stay that way.
    My prayers are with you. Talk with all your doctors and see what they say about taking or not of the drugs. I wouldn't want to tell you anything that could hurt you or make things worse for you. As for me I feel so much better off of them. Good luck to you.
    My thoughts and Prayers will be with you. Diana
  • janie560
    janie560 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    gagee said:

I stopped the drugs..
    because of all the side effects. Doctor said since I was stage one, and very small cancer, and clear nodes I didn't need to take the drugs if I chose not to. Hoping you don't get all the side effects. Most people don't. It has been a year since lumpectomy and Nov.10 will be a year since last radiation. My mammo came back clean. Praying it will stay that way.
    My prayers are with you. Talk with all your doctors and see what they say about taking or not of the drugs. I wouldn't want to tell you anything that could hurt you or make things worse for you. As for me I feel so much better off of them. Good luck to you.
    My thoughts and Prayers will be with you. Diana

My oncoligist wants me to
    My oncoligist wants me to take them, but i am similair to u. Small growth, growth removed only will be doing radiation. I lost 50 pounds this year prior to my diagnosis hoping that this has helped so i will not get a reaccourance. From what i have read if u r not over weight and exercise regularly this helps with prevention. My i ask u if you r slender and do u work out or just the opposite?