Lee's going LOA

Options
2»

Comments

• Daisylin
    Daisylin Member Posts: 365
    Options

Excellent News!
    So glad to hear that things went well. Enjoy your nap--you deserve it!

Melinda

Stent placed!!
    Well, Great day overall, the stent went in no problem, as Lee reported. He was dopey and pretty confused for hours afterwards, and by the looks of his post, still is..... LOL

Hoping that if all is well tonight we can bust him out of the hospital tomorrow, but no promises there! Lee and I had a great night last night on his leave from the hospital. I think he was more excited about seeing Daisy than anything, but we snuggled and watched a bit of a movie before we both fell asleep way too early!! (with a sleepy warm doggie lying right beside him the whole time)

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, I think some of our research about stents had Lee freaked out, but now that it's over and done, he's thrilled that he was finally able to take a real honest to goodness GULP of juice, instead of the usual tiny sips he's been doing. Maybe in a few days, he may even try food!!! His outlook has done a turnaround, and I think he's finally looking forward to living.

Take care, my friends,
    Chantal
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Options
    Daisylin said:

Stent placed!!
    Well, Great day overall, the stent went in no problem, as Lee reported. He was dopey and pretty confused for hours afterwards, and by the looks of his post, still is..... LOL

Hoping that if all is well tonight we can bust him out of the hospital tomorrow, but no promises there! Lee and I had a great night last night on his leave from the hospital. I think he was more excited about seeing Daisy than anything, but we snuggled and watched a bit of a movie before we both fell asleep way too early!! (with a sleepy warm doggie lying right beside him the whole time)

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, I think some of our research about stents had Lee freaked out, but now that it's over and done, he's thrilled that he was finally able to take a real honest to goodness GULP of juice, instead of the usual tiny sips he's been doing. Maybe in a few days, he may even try food!!! His outlook has done a turnaround, and I think he's finally looking forward to living.

Take care, my friends,
    Chantal

GREAT NEWS AND SO GLAD TO READ THIS!!!!!
    Chantal,
    With all you two have going on, THANK YOU for taking time to post this to us all and let us know. THIS is such excellent news and I am SO grateful for him, and for you. His post WAS funny! He will get a kick out of that when he is sober again!

Sounds like Daisy had a great night out of it too. Hope you didn't feel left out??

I hope the stint is a lifesaver and he is eating too.

God bless. We are ALL pulling for the two of you,

Eric
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Options
    jojoshort said:

Good luck to you both
    Here's a great big hope that the stent will be something positive for Lee and you, both. He will feel pressure for a couple of days, but drugs will do their magic. His tummy may not like it for the first few hours, either, but that should pass. Soft foods, cut up very small, washed down with lots of fluids. You can also get a lidocaine liquid which helps with any physical discomfort for the first couple of days. It numbs the immediate area in case it feels uncomfortable. They should prescribe that right away.

I will be thinking of you both. I was very touched by your last message of your night of cuddling together. How beautiful.

And Eric, I love your song dedication, except that we fell in love with Van Morrison's version of "Into the Mystic". Still brings tears to my eyes to hear it played.

Sending hugs to all,
    Peace,
    Jo-Ann

Van the MAN
    Jo-Ann,
    I grew up on Morrison's version, too, But it is nice to hear it revised and used in this song as it still makes me cry, too, I will ALWAYS prefer the song itself to FREE, but FREE speaks to me and Michelle in a different way.
    Just thought i'd mention this to you. We have that in common.
    Eric
  • jojoshort
    jojoshort Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Daisylin said:

Stent placed!!

Take care, my friends,
    Chantal

Yay!
    Kept you both in my thoughts all day hoping for a good report. SO GLAD (ala Eric) that you have a good report! It will give your Lee such a measure of self-control and dignity to be able to swallow again. Take it very easy at first, and remember, proteins such as chicken or beef need to be either ground up or cut up very small and washed down with lots of fluids in between bites. I'm sure it'll be a few days before he's allowed that, but don't get complacent like Steve did and take a big bite of chicken...he learned his lesson the hard way.
    Smiles to you both,
    Jo-Ann
  • jojoshort
    jojoshort Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Van the MAN
    Jo-Ann,
    I grew up on Morrison's version, too, But it is nice to hear it revised and used in this song as it still makes me cry, too, I will ALWAYS prefer the song itself to FREE, but FREE speaks to me and Michelle in a different way.
    Just thought i'd mention this to you. We have that in common.
    Eric

Cool
    Van IS the MAN!
    :)
    Jo-Ann
  • birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    Options
    Daisylin said:

Stent placed!!

Take care, my friends,
    Chantal

I'm glad to see your post!
    I'm glad to see your post! I've had you and Lee on my mind all day...I could tell you both were nervous about the day. Very happy Lee gave it a A+!
  • LeeinLondon
    LeeinLondon Member Posts: 103
    Options
    jojoshort said:

Yay!
    Kept you both in my thoughts all day hoping for a good report. SO GLAD (ala Eric) that you have a good report! It will give your Lee such a measure of self-control and dignity to be able to swallow again. Take it very easy at first, and remember, proteins such as chicken or beef need to be either ground up or cut up very small and washed down with lots of fluids in between bites. I'm sure it'll be a few days before he's allowed that, but don't get complacent like Steve did and take a big bite of chicken...he learned his lesson the hard way.
    Smiles to you both,
    Jo-Ann

Hi yall
    Well a week ago i felt totally helpless, today i feel quite hopeful. I feel little pain, i feel nothing odd in my throat, my fancy new hospital bed at home totally rocks, and i remember very little about today except feeling elation.

Many thanks to Dr. Delilah Fortin and the staff at London health sciences centre for all their professionalism and caring!

Next begins some food experiments!

Love to all,

Lee
  • birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    Options
    Daisylin said:

Stent placed!!

Take care, my friends,
    Chantal

Duplicate
    ...Sorry
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Options

I'm glad to see your post!
    I'm glad to see your post! I've had you and Lee on my mind all day...I could tell you both were nervous about the day. Very happy Lee gave it a A+!

Lee and Chantal
    What wonderful news! Thanks for taking the time to let all of us know. Lots of thankful prayers going up.
    Angie
  • Gatoraid
    Gatoraid Member Posts: 66
    Options

Hi yall
    Well a week ago i felt totally helpless, today i feel quite hopeful. I feel little pain, i feel nothing odd in my throat, my fancy new hospital bed at home totally rocks, and i remember very little about today except feeling elation.

Many thanks to Dr. Delilah Fortin and the staff at London health sciences centre for all their professionalism and caring!

Love to all,

Lee

Sounds Very Promising
    I was very glad to get an update on how you did because you were in my mind all day. Based upon what you said, it sounds like very good news. Now let's talk about PIZZA. Even though no pizza eater eats pizza with a knife and a fork, you can get away with it because you have an excuse. Small bites, well chewed should do the trick with the stent.

Hopefully, much brighter days are ahead. I'm rooting for you.

Jim
  • cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    Options

Hi yall

Love to all,

Lee

Lee and Chantal
    So glad to see both of your posts. It sounds like you had a successful day. Sending prayers your way for great eating success and a renewed interest in all life has to offer!
    Cheryl