Advocate for Yourself!

Anne1954
Anne1954 Member Posts: 1
I learned the hard way to advocate for myself during my chemo treatments (Taxotere and Cytoxin.) I suffered a broken back after my second chemo caused my blood pressure to drop, resulting in a black out. I fell in my kitchen which left me with a L1 compression fracture. I learned that my doctor limited the steroids to 2.5 days verus a 5 day course offered by many other oncologists. I had to fight to get my Nulasta: my oncologist did not think I needed it, even though my white count went down to 0.07 and I worked 40 hours a week.

Subsequent to chemo I have learned that there are many natural supplements that are not contra indicated for chemo, yet support the body and can keep your body as healthy as possible through treatments. For example L-Glutamine powder supports the healing of the GI track by healing damaged cells rapidly in addition it can minimize neurophathy. UCSF recommends L-Glutamine when Taxotere is prescribed.

It has been three years and I still have residual health issues. I focus on eating organic, drinking clean water, and exercising. That and keeping my faith in God!

Comments