Probelms with the right Kidney and the urter(sp)

Options
Has anyone experienced having probelms with their kidneys from radiation. I have been. At one time both kidney were infected. I have a stent in my right urter(sp) that I have been going every 3 to 4 months to get it exchange. Meanwhile I still have UTIs and get antibodtics to help it

Barbara

Comments

• RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Kidney
    It is still up for debate as to what caused my left ureter to become blocked. Perhaps the small piece of tubing from the drain that was not completely removed, perhaps from the radiation, perhaps from the Infection from the perforated bowel or a half dozen other things. They attempted to put in a stent, but we're unsuccessful so the put in a nephrostomy. I had that for three months. My kidney never started up again, so they took it out. Easier to deal with than the stent business, but your kidney empties into a bag usually strapped to your leg.
    Now I am just vigilant to watch for signs of infection in my kidney. I had the nephrostomy out December 20 and so far so good. The ureter can heal around the stent making the stent unnecessary. Hopefully that will be your case and you can get your kidneys working back to normal without the stent.
  • bspangler47
    bspangler47 Member Posts: 145
    Options

Kidney
    It is still up for debate as to what caused my left ureter to become blocked. Perhaps the small piece of tubing from the drain that was not completely removed, perhaps from the radiation, perhaps from the Infection from the perforated bowel or a half dozen other things. They attempted to put in a stent, but we're unsuccessful so the put in a nephrostomy. I had that for three months. My kidney never started up again, so they took it out. Easier to deal with than the stent business, but your kidney empties into a bag usually strapped to your leg.
    Now I am just vigilant to watch for signs of infection in my kidney. I had the nephrostomy out December 20 and so far so good. The ureter can heal around the stent making the stent unnecessary. Hopefully that will be your case and you can get your kidneys working back to normal without the stent.

Kidney
    Thank you very much. I also had the nephrostomy in this year. Because of my left kidney was infected. Going to spek to my urogolist in Nov about removing the stent.