Our photo

Ginny_B
Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
I hope I did this right, if so, there should be a photo of me and mom. Taken today while opening presents at my 61st b-day party. I didn't get to celebrate 60th because I was recovering from left rotator cuff surgery, so I celebrated my 60th right before my 61st. Makes sense to me! ha ha

This shot was taken just after I read the card from my mom. I leaned over and gave her a hug. It was a wonderful and beautiful day. Mom had a bit of a crying spell after eating, but that's to be expected. I will try to post more photos of the day. There were lots of Nikon's and Canon's capturing the festivities. Of course, there were a lot of cell phone photos too.

I'm 61 and mom is 84. I think we look like sisters! (smile)

Comments

• Ginny_B
    Ginny_B Member Posts: 532
    It worked!!!!!! You can
    It worked!!!!!! You can barely make out the mark on her throat from the port staging X-ray.
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Wonderful photo!
    Ginny,

That is a brilliant photo! and not fibbing here, but I really can't believe that you've just turned 61! The 60's truly are the new 40's, aren't they? :)

Love the picture. Your mom looks like a real dear.

Celebrations for your bithday! Prayers to you both for the journey you are about to begin together. and Bless you for treking this path with your mom!

Terry
  • ritawaite13
    ritawaite13 Member Posts: 236
    YAY!
    Great picture of the two of you. I always like to see the pictures on here because it helps me to feel more connected. Happy Birthday to you!!
    Rita
  • NikiMo
    NikiMo Member Posts: 342
    Happy Birthday!!
    Happy Birthday! I hope that you had a wonderful day with family and friends, by the looks of this picture you certainly did! You can tell you and mom are best of friends, she is lucky to have you and vice versa. She looks like a very young and vibrant 84 that will help as she heads into treatment for sure. Prayers for you and your mom. Keep smiling and sharing special moments like this for many days to come!

Niki
  • JimboC
    JimboC Member Posts: 264
    That is such a sweet
    That is such a sweet picture. You both are very beautiful young ladies.
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Beautiful picture! Happy
    Beautiful picture! Happy Birthday. You're both so lucky to have each other.
    Sandra
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Ginny,
    GREAT to have faces

Ginny,
    GREAT to have faces to go with the stories and trials.
    Good work.
    Hope you are having a great night together.

God bless you, and glad you had such a great party, too.

Eric