My new photo

Options
Double Whammy
Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
Several of you have complimented me on my new photo. Thank you.

Yep, this is my wig and permanent make-up (brows and liner). It's been 13 months since chemo and my head hair is still extremely sparse and not fit for public viewing. My eyelashes are still rather puny but with a lot of mascara, they're ok. Haven't worn my false eyelashes in months. I have a couple of brows, but not much. The rest of my body hair is consistently sparse. I think this is how I'm going to be.

I'll post a couple of pics on my Expressions page of the real me. Sigh.

Suzanne

Comments

  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    You wear that wig quite
    You wear that wig quite well. You look beautiful with or without your hair or your wig. I love your new photo it is quite becoming. ((HUGS))
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    wig
    The picture of you in your wig is absolutely stunning! If you hadn't said that was a wig, I would not have guessed it. You look just beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Linda
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    Wonderful picture
    I think it is a very cute picture and while I know you will get tired of the wig, etc. You did a great job of picking it out.

    Looks great!

    Jennifer
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
    I never would have known,I love it. I still wear my wig too I've grown fond of it lol really i have about 3 inchs and a half of my own but when it's chilly or raining it feels like a hat. you look really nice and just think if you want to really get even sexier you can change colors #just a thought. "HUGS" MOLLYZ
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    mollyz said:

    Beautiful!
    I never would have known,I love it. I still wear my wig too I've grown fond of it lol really i have about 3 inchs and a half of my own but when it's chilly or raining it feels like a hat. you look really nice and just think if you want to really get even sexier you can change colors #just a thought. "HUGS" MOLLYZ

    you are beautiful, your hair
    you are beautiful, your hair is just slow, really slow, those hair follicles are stunned!!!! I dont blame you for being frustrated, but I just love the picture YOU Rock!!!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    You look mahvelous!
    Really, never would guess it's a wig. I know when I think I look good, I feel good - so, you must feel great!

    Sue
  • tamyx
    tamyx Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Wig or not
    Wig or not you look amazing. Just read your profile and am in complete agreement with the statement of concern regarding the number of cancer patients ill prepared for the extent of their cancer prior to surgery. Personal experience for me. Anyway, you seem to be a beautiful person inside and out. I plan to go for permanent makeup after getting through chemo and radiation. I keep a Pro and Con chart going regarding this cancer experience and the permanent makeup will absolutely go on the Pro side. Thanks for sharing
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    Options
    tamyx said:

    Wig or not
    Wig or not you look amazing. Just read your profile and am in complete agreement with the statement of concern regarding the number of cancer patients ill prepared for the extent of their cancer prior to surgery. Personal experience for me. Anyway, you seem to be a beautiful person inside and out. I plan to go for permanent makeup after getting through chemo and radiation. I keep a Pro and Con chart going regarding this cancer experience and the permanent makeup will absolutely go on the Pro side. Thanks for sharing

    Suzanne - your wig is
    Suzanne - your wig is great,so natural looking. New picture is beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing it. I, too, have little hair,6 months out of FEC and
    Taxotere. We just have to keep on keeping on, don't we? Wearing wigs
    and thankful for make-up! Hugs to you.

    Luv, Teresa
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    This is a great picture. You
    This is a great picture. You look stunning!

    Cindy
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Since I have had the pleasure of meeting you in person I must say your are beautiful inside and outside! I do love your new photo, the best part is the broad smile on your face!

    Hugs,

    RE
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    RE said:

    :-)
    Since I have had the pleasure of meeting you in person I must say your are beautiful inside and outside! I do love your new photo, the best part is the broad smile on your face!

    Hugs,

    RE

    Getting you're GROOVE, back ..!
    So happy for you, Suzanne. You are Beautiful! Lashes and all.

    Strength, Courage and Hope.

    Vicki Sam
  • bluwillo
    bluwillo Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Love it!
    You look great! Tell us about the wig: human or monofiliament (when I see that description, I always think "hey, I could make a wig out of my husband's fishing gear!) and especially about the eyebrows. I have half eyebrows, and know nothing from using a pencil.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    bluwillo said:

    Love it!
    You look great! Tell us about the wig: human or monofiliament (when I see that description, I always think "hey, I could make a wig out of my husband's fishing gear!) and especially about the eyebrows. I have half eyebrows, and know nothing from using a pencil.

    Awesome!
    You look awesome! I've gotten pretty good at telling when someone has a wig on, but you had me fooled! Wish mine looked as good on me!
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Suzanne
    You're gorgeous!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    What a beautiful lady!
    I LOVE the wig, it looks soooo natural!
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

    What a beautiful lady!
    I LOVE the wig, it looks soooo natural!

    Love it!
    You are beautiful
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

    Love it!
    You are beautiful

    Beautiful
    You look great. My hair took a long time to come back to. Love the wig !
    Kathy
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    You GOT it going sistah!!
    You look fabulous! And I admire for that. Because in my mind
    the outside reflects the inside so you must be feeling much better
    about yourself to put that effort in and look so fabulous.

    Hugs,
    Ayse