Some Venting

Options
2»

Comments

• aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Even the strongest get weary...
    so please no excuses just vent away!! I hope you will feel better soon. Trust me I have
    those days - except I get mad. Mad that I am still not where I used to be .. but then I
    take a step back, calm myself down and remind myself that I am one of the lucky ones
    and I start being grateful. Even the road to recovery is a rocky one but we do the best
    we can, right?

love ya,
    Ayse
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    predisone: I was on it
    predisone: I was on it forlong time for Ulcertive colitis during my radiation etc! I gained about 25 lbs ( just lost it 3yr later post hysterectomy) That had me very wired...could NOT fall asleep most nights and if did couldnt stay asleep..

Feel better..I HOPE IT gets better soon.

Denise
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options

predisone: I was on it
    predisone: I was on it forlong time for Ulcertive colitis during my radiation etc! I gained about 25 lbs ( just lost it 3yr later post hysterectomy) That had me very wired...could NOT fall asleep most nights and if did couldnt stay asleep..

Feel better..I HOPE IT gets better soon.

Denise

Natly
    Natly, breathing is such a good thing to do (I have ashtma and chemo and rads played many games with my lungs) and when you can't that feeling just makes everything suck just a little bit more.

Venting and complaining is a part of the process. Feel free to do so anytime.

I sound like Janis Joplin after a number of "jack black, beer backs" and am just used to sounding that way, and I've finally lost 35+ pounds (long tough battle there) and now my family doc is concerned that I've lost the weight that he complained about me losing FOREVER.

Hope you're feeling better really soon cause once you do, the weight will come off.

Love and hugs.

marge
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Natly
    I'm sorry you're feeling so tired. I hope you get over the bronchitis soon and get your energy back. Just rest is all you can do. And don't get discouraged.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    laurissa said:

Natly
    I'm sorry you're feeling so tired. I hope you get over the bronchitis soon and get your energy back. Just rest is all you can do. And don't get discouraged.

Thank you for all the
    Thank you for all the wonderful comments and support. It brought tears to my eyes, tears of the healing kind. I feel so much better receiving all this loving support. I still have congestion but it seems like the bronchitis is finally beginning to respond to the meds. My asthma has kicked in since chemo, but on a positive note, I took a 20 minute walk today.

Saw a lymphedema therapist yesterday for my breast and arm. She gave me some massage techniques to use at home, and I'll see her on a weekly basis for a while. She said "you have a very weak immune system, and that affects the lymphedema". I struggle to ward of colds and infections but I'm gathering info and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

My attitude is much better today and I pray I'll be able to resume exercise soon. I'm sending blessings and hugs to all you wonderful gals and thanking you again for all your comforting, positive feedback.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Nat
    I think it's good therapy to vent now and then. Good for you! I too have up and down days. I can't work anymore due to a permanent disability. And I'm still very tired and need at least 8 hours of sleep at night. Still struggling with hot flashes and weight gain.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

I hope you are feeling
    I hope you are feeling better soon! It is wearing to be sick--especially chronically and I know, if you are complaining, it must be very wearing! Sending you lots of healing hugs and energy ((((hugs))))

Hoping that soon you will
    Hoping that soon you will feel better Natly, physically and mentally.

Hugs, Angie
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    natly15 said:

Thank you for all the
    Thank you for all the wonderful comments and support. It brought tears to my eyes, tears of the healing kind. I feel so much better receiving all this loving support. I still have congestion but it seems like the bronchitis is finally beginning to respond to the meds. My asthma has kicked in since chemo, but on a positive note, I took a 20 minute walk today.

Saw a lymphedema therapist yesterday for my breast and arm. She gave me some massage techniques to use at home, and I'll see her on a weekly basis for a while. She said "you have a very weak immune system, and that affects the lymphedema". I struggle to ward of colds and infections but I'm gathering info and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

My attitude is much better today and I pray I'll be able to resume exercise soon. I'm sending blessings and hugs to all you wonderful gals and thanking you again for all your comforting, positive feedback.

Natly sorry
    Natly,
    I was out of touch for some time, and very sorry that your have go through weeks of antibiotics. I am happy to see you are better now working with lymphedema therapist. Sending you a big hug! When I go to public places I apply pure vaseline inside my nose. It prevent dust and viruses to penetrate. When I return I wash it out with warm water.
    New Flower
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    missrenee said:

Natly, you are usually our cheerleader
    Now--let us be yours. You have every right to vent and feel frustrated right now. It doesn't seem fair that after we battle cancer, we still have other battles to fight. Bronchitis is so not fun--especially when it seems to linger forever. I'm sure this is also contributing to your fatigue.

I'm hoping and praying that this new antibiotic does the trick quickly and that you start to get your energy back. You will start enjoying the things you used to and you will get back to work if that's your desire--When you start feeling better and getting stronger.

Glad you trusted us enough to get it all out. You're going to be okay.

Hugs, Renee

I feel sorry for you and
    I feel sorry for you and hope that soon, the antibiotics will clear up your bronchitis.

Hugs, Megan