43% through Radiation - Video

Options
13»

Comments

• Goalie
    Goalie Member Posts: 184
    Options

Fear!1
    Hi to all. I have St 4 tonsil cancer. Tonsillectomy with neck dissection at University Chicago. 3 of 8 weeks induction chemo tomorrow. Then 10 weeks chemo/radiation. Thats if they have 5FU which they are short on. I have done well with all treatments so far, always worrying in advance then thinking to myself "what was all the worry about". I do fear phase two as I call it; of this treatment. I am a healthy and strong. Also hope that this will be another why did I worry so much. I'm getting from all that this isn't easy but is it so bad? I am self employed and business can run pretty well without me so no worries there if i need time off. Thanks to all for sharing, John

Welcome, Johnny!
    First, I should tell you that you should post this as a new topic all on its own. People will lose it here and you will get more response that way.

Second, check out Sweetblood's Thread compilation for all the collected wisdom.

Third, basically speaking, while we always emphasize that every one of us is different, let me tell you that the good thing is that "our" cancer is very very beatable with an extremely high success rate. The bad thing is that it is not going to be much fun getting there.

Let us help you along the way, Doug
  • Johnyjackpot
    Johnyjackpot Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Goalie said:

Welcome, Johnny!
    First, I should tell you that you should post this as a new topic all on its own. People will lose it here and you will get more response that way.

Third, basically speaking, while we always emphasize that every one of us is different, let me tell you that the good thing is that "our" cancer is very very beatable with an extremely high success rate. The bad thing is that it is not going to be much fun getting there.

Thanks goalie ,
    I'll learn

Thanks goalie ,
    I'll learn the rules.
    John
  • Johnyjackpot
    Options
    Goalie said:

Welcome, Johnny!

Thanks goalie ,
    I'll learn

Thanks goalie ,
    I'll learn the rules.
    John
  • Johnyjackpot
    Options
    Goalie said:

Welcome, Johnny!

Thanks goalie ,
    I'll learn

Thanks goalie ,
    I'll learn the rules.
    John
  • Johnyjackpot
    Options
    Goalie said:

Welcome, Johnny!

Thanks goalie ,
    I'll learn

Thanks goalie ,
    I'll learn the rules.
    John
  • Husker Fan
    Husker Fan Member Posts: 65
    Options

I'm not currently working.
    I'm not currently working. I had every intention that I would recover and be like I was before I had cancer and they called me when I was done with rads, and I was hoping I'd be able to go back in time for the back to school rush that year. I remember asking him if he would let me come back slowly. He said no, that I had to come back and follow all the rules for store manager. Minimum 48 hrs a week, 3 closes a week, (close at 9pm) must work two 12.5 hr days at least, must work every Friday, Saturday, and Monday at least 8 hrs, and must work 6 days during holiday and peak time, must be able to lift/climb.....I could go on...but won't. I still cannot do majority of that. I was shocked that they would not let me ease into work again. They sucked to work for. Not as bad as when I worked 65+ hrs a week for McDs, but still sucked. The jobs I had weren't desk jobs, they were very physical with hellish hours, and I unfortunately cannot do it anymore. All I can say, is thank God I paid for disability insurance.

I have Young Frankenstein on DVD to watch whenever strikes my fancy.

That would be a great costume. When I had my stitches, everyone was calling me Sally, from The Nightmare Before Christmas. :)

I love getting dressed up! I will take any excuse to put on a costume. When I worked for McDs my store I ran, was in a mall. We would have trick or treat night and I and my employees, would dress up. Good times!

That's bad when your healthy!
    Those hours and days to work sound terrible even when your healthy.

Halloween will be at the beginning of my last week of Radiation, not sure how things will be going to want ot get dressed up! Will see at that time!