SSI

Options
Just a gripe. I had to go on disability through my employer provided insurance. Now its bad enough to have to explain to the insurance folks why you can't work (and it is humbling), but they also required that I apply for SSI. I understand why the insurance campany wants that because they will then reduce my payments by the amount I get from SSI. Since none of them have any idea what my problem(s) is/are despite a ton of medical records I have to go visit one of "their" doctors tomorrow afternoon. I would rather sandpaper a widcat's butt in a telephone booth than to have to do this again. Wish me luck and pray for patience

Comments

• arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    "I would rather sandpaper a
    "I would rather sandpaper a wildcat's butt in a telephone booth" OMG!!! That is too funny.
    Good luck... Hope everything turns out easy breezy..By the way, thanks for the chuckle.. Still giggling..
  • palmyrafan
    palmyrafan Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Boy do I feel your pain
    about having to visit a SSI doctor. I was alright on the medical end, but I had to do it at a time when you still had to ALSO have a pyschological issue as well. So I had to "visit" with one of their pyschiatrists to prove that I was having emotional distress related to my massive brain tumors (gee, ya think?)

Hopefully, this visit will allow you to get the assistance you need for SSI and that the procedure will be relatively painless.

Praying for patience as well.

Teresa
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Those under 30 probably
    Those under 30 probably won't get the phone booth part since they no longer exist. Great laugh for us old people.

Best of luck with the SSI

Debbie
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Through the hoops
    Hope things work out for you. I finished up the wrangleing about 8 months ago. I was never a candidate for SSI, I used to know all the ins and outs because I did the paperwork myself. I was available for regular SS because I'm old enough to have qualified for it at 63--which I am, having paid into it since I was 13.

Then I saw the part about SSD--Social Secruity Disabilty--that applied to my case. I'm unable to to work, and the SSD brings my payment up to what it would have been if I had taken it at full amount at age 65 I believe. That is because there is a special "move-to-the-head-of-the-line clause in the SS pages that take into accunt head and neck cancers. Never had to see a doctor, but only submit some documents on diagnosis and treatment, and have a short talk with a SS office person.

best in your efforts, Hal
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Kerosene
    And all of this time I thought it was Kerosene, never considered sand paper....LOL.

JG
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Hal61 said:

Through the hoops
    Hope things work out for you. I finished up the wrangleing about 8 months ago. I was never a candidate for SSI, I used to know all the ins and outs because I did the paperwork myself. I was available for regular SS because I'm old enough to have qualified for it at 63--which I am, having paid into it since I was 13.

Then I saw the part about SSD--Social Secruity Disabilty--that applied to my case. I'm unable to to work, and the SSD brings my payment up to what it would have been if I had taken it at full amount at age 65 I believe. That is because there is a special "move-to-the-head-of-the-line clause in the SS pages that take into accunt head and neck cancers. Never had to see a doctor, but only submit some documents on diagnosis and treatment, and have a short talk with a SS office person.

best in your efforts, Hal

SSD
    Actually it is the disability I'm having to apply for.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Denny
    Sandpaper a wildcat’s but in a telephone booth, you are the man dude is all I can say, I am just getting back up off the floor on that one.

Thanks I need a good laugh earl in the morning
    Hondo
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Find me a phone booth
    It went just as I expected. The Dr had no idea about the problems I have talking, jaw pain, swallowing etc all he seemed interested in was some surgery I had to my kneee and shoulder long ago. It reminded me 100% of the retirement physical I received when I retired from the military in 1991.

Oh well. Three weeks and I shoud have the findings.
  • cwcad
    cwcad Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Greend said:

Find me a phone booth
    It went just as I expected. The Dr had no idea about the problems I have talking, jaw pain, swallowing etc all he seemed interested in was some surgery I had to my kneee and shoulder long ago. It reminded me 100% of the retirement physical I received when I retired from the military in 1991.

Oh well. Three weeks and I shoud have the findings.

Good luck on SSI
    Well i wish you Great luck on SSI. Let us know in three weeks!!

p.s.

I am old enough to remember the phone booth. Loved the sandpaper comment as well!