Heading to Pittsburgh, surgery on Friday!

Options
2»

Comments

• casp42
    casp42 Member Posts: 79
    Options

CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR GOOD NEWS!!!
    Carolyn,
    Well it's Saturday night now and I am excited waiting to hear HOW your dad's surgery went!!

Please, post an update when you have the chance. I am sure you are all exhausted after the Friday that you must have had waiting and with the anxiety.

We have been praying for your dad, and for the whole family as you wait.

Can't wait to hear some GOOD news from Pittsburgh!

God bless and keep us posted,

-Eric

Prayers Needed!
    Update on Dad, he had the MIE on Friday, Oct. 7 surgery was from 6:45-3:00 pm. Dad was off the ventilator after surgery “what a positive sign”, they didn’t have a bed in ICU for dad so he said in the recovery area , I think until 11:00 pm (we left at 9:30 pm he was still there). Dad was doing wonderful!

Day after surgery (Sat), we were at the hospital by 9:15, they put dad in the chair to sit up so they could move him to another floor. Wrong!!! Wrong!!! Dad’s heart rate increase and oxygen decrease, oh boy! What is happening? They need to do a chest x-ray and informed us he needs a CT scan of the lungs, could be a collapsed lung or blood clots. After dad’s test they informed us he has pulmonary embolism in both lungs one side is quite large and the other half the other side. So dad, is in icu with concentrated oxygen, heparin and other meds. They didn’t want him to move yesterday, just lay in bed until the heparin becomes therapeutic.

Today (Sunday), they put dad back in the chair for sitting up. Heart rate is still a little crazy today, oxygen is still the same!
    So prayers are needed that his body will dissolve the clots and I thank god he was in Icu on all the monitors because if he was on the other floor at wouldn’t of been notice. God was watching over him!

We are all pretty exhausted here, staying quite a bit at the hospital. My brother and I have to head back to Chicago on Tuesday, but my mom and sister will still be here.

Please say lots of prayers!
    Carolyn
  • Ericalynn
    Ericalynn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    casp42 said:

Prayers Needed!
    Update on Dad, he had the MIE on Friday, Oct. 7 surgery was from 6:45-3:00 pm. Dad was off the ventilator after surgery “what a positive sign”, they didn’t have a bed in ICU for dad so he said in the recovery area , I think until 11:00 pm (we left at 9:30 pm he was still there). Dad was doing wonderful!

Day after surgery (Sat), we were at the hospital by 9:15, they put dad in the chair to sit up so they could move him to another floor. Wrong!!! Wrong!!! Dad’s heart rate increase and oxygen decrease, oh boy! What is happening? They need to do a chest x-ray and informed us he needs a CT scan of the lungs, could be a collapsed lung or blood clots. After dad’s test they informed us he has pulmonary embolism in both lungs one side is quite large and the other half the other side. So dad, is in icu with concentrated oxygen, heparin and other meds. They didn’t want him to move yesterday, just lay in bed until the heparin becomes therapeutic.

Today (Sunday), they put dad back in the chair for sitting up. Heart rate is still a little crazy today, oxygen is still the same!
    So prayers are needed that his body will dissolve the clots and I thank god he was in Icu on all the monitors because if he was on the other floor at wouldn’t of been notice. God was watching over him!

We are all pretty exhausted here, staying quite a bit at the hospital. My brother and I have to head back to Chicago on Tuesday, but my mom and sister will still be here.

Carolyn

Prayers headed your way!
    Carolyn,
    I am praying for your Dad. Hoping the blood clot issue resolves quickly. John had heart rate issues after surgery and I was told that it is very normal after thoracic surgery. I am glad he is in ICU they will monitor every vital sign and will be on top of any complications. I know it will be difficult to leave (to go home) but we are all out here praying and cheering you, your dad & family on to a full recovery. Please keep us posted on your dad.
    Sending positive thoughts your way
    Erica
  • birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    Options
    casp42 said:

Prayers Needed!

Carolyn

I'm sorry to hear of your
    I'm sorry to hear of your fathers complications. You are right; it is a good thing he was in ICU. I felt more comfortable with my husband in ICU than when they moved him to another floor. I know moving to another floor is a good sign they feel he is stable and all but those ICU nurses/equipment are great! My brother was in ICU three months after my husband for some heart issues and I encouraged him and his wife NOT to rush to get onto a standard floor.

I do hope and pray that your father will be in much better condition before you and your brother have to leave.
  • NikiMo
    NikiMo Member Posts: 342
    Options
    casp42 said:

Prayers Needed!

Carolyn

Prayers for your dad
    Carolyn,

I am saying prayers for your dad, I hope they get the clot situation under control quickly. My husband spent four days in the ICU, because they didn't have room on the regular floors. I was happy that he stayed in ICU, the nurses there are excellent and they watched over Jeff like a hawk. He had blood pressure issues the first night from the epidural, they said that was common. He too had an irregular heart rythm, they monitored him and eventually it resolved. I pray that your father will recovery quickly and head home to Chicago in about a week.

Niki