taxotere

Options
jadav1956
jadav1956 Member Posts: 95 Member
HI sisters !! I had appt with onc today. I have been on carbo/taxol for 5 txs. Today I was told there is no taxol. I will be switched to taxotere for 6th chemo. Also I will have ct on 10/25. My chemo will also be extended. My ca 125 numbers are coming down- 362 from 4700. Onc said he is extending txs till numbers are less than 34. I had blood drawn today so I will get those results tomorrow. Onc also said the side effects from taxotere will most likely cause my blood counts to drop, so you have to have neulasta shots that can cause bone pain. So anyone have info about taxotere ? Next tx is thursday. The infusion will not be as long. Also I was told to get tea tree oil for fingernails and toenails for fungus? Anyone know about this ? I am ready to fight on, so info would be greatly appreciated. Onc also tallked about a consolodation study when my numbers get to normal. I believe he said to ck cancertrials.gov. I try to remember but this chemo fog is awful. LOL !! Thanks all !!!

Comments

• antcat
    antcat Member Posts: 270
    Options
    Taxotere
    I was on Taxotere since June. I got it 1x a week, 3 weeks in a row and then a week off. I didn't have any bad problems with my blood counts, and never had to go on Neulasta. My red blood count has been slightly low ever since I was on Topotecan, but my primary doc told me it was not bad and I never needed anything to boost my red blood cell count. I did, however, experience tearing of the eyes, after the 3rd cycle of taxotere and from what I understand this is a side effect of the Taxotere. After I had my 4th cycle of Taxotere, the next day my eyes teared very badly, it was constant, then after a couple of days, it went back to tearing but not a whole lot. It still happens a little even though I'm off of Taxotere now. Hope this helps.
  • Barneygirl
    Barneygirl Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Taxotere
    I just started Taxotere/Carbo for my recurrence. My first infusion was this past Thursday. I did have some nausea the first few days and the only other side effect I've noticed is a change in my taste. Good luck with your treatment and hopefully you'll do just fine on it.
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options

Taxotere
    I just started Taxotere/Carbo for my recurrence. My first infusion was this past Thursday. I did have some nausea the first few days and the only other side effect I've noticed is a change in my taste. Good luck with your treatment and hopefully you'll do just fine on it.

Im on taxotere as we
    Im on taxotere as we speak...I've had 3 treatment so far..i got bad joint pain, mouth sores, body aches and tearing of the eyes...I also get the WBC shot the next day...one thing i do recommend is to take Clartin 24 hrs before your chemo treatment and than before your WBC shot...trust me it will help with the joint pain BIG time...when I was getting the joint pains alot of my pink sisters recommend it and it works... i know clartin? allergry medinice? but there is something in the meds that helps...also, use alot lotions because it makes your skin very,very dry...at least for me it did..Good Luck

Hugs and God Bless
    Eva
  • cfont11
    cfont11 Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Taxotere
    I had taxol for all my treatments last year and this year. From what I was told, both taxol and taxotere can affect your toe and finger nails. My big toe nails turned black and one started to fall off. I read somewhere on this board about tea tree oil. I tried it and it worked. My toenail did not fall completely off and I now have only one little black spot on each nail. I use it after every shower. You can get it on line or at health food stores and just apply a little with a cotton ball.

Chris
  • Susan777
    Susan777 Member Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oppsy
    I read your second post after i asked all the questions about the first post. Glad you are getting the scan :)