update on Lee

Options
2»

Comments

• Gatoraid
    Gatoraid Member Posts: 66
    Options

Thanks everybody
    Thank you for your support everyone. As I sit here at 4:52 AM, having woken up for about the 6th time tonight, I can honestly say I will pay practically anything for the sensation of drinking a large glass of liquid and not choking on it. Truly.

I have spent weeks taking tiny sips of water and juice and although pleasurable, most of it gets stuck and it feels scary.

I'm not too concerned about turkey, but to be able to gulp something cold would be so incredible I can't fathom it. If I can spend thanksgiving gulping juice and pop I would be a happy man!

Today was stressful but my lovely caregiver once again made it bearable. I have a big fat foot for no apparent reason, the fentanyl patch seems to give me at least 80% coverage so far, and the stretch sounds daunting but hey what other choices do I have?

If I am to get any good news at all, I will be incredibly pleased to post a thanksgiving picture of me with a giant ice-cold glass of pepsi pouring down my throat :)

best to all,

Lee

Canadian Thanksgiving
    I also do not post that much but I do get on and read the blogs. Both you and Chantal are certainly going through Hell with this disease. I certainly hope that the stretch gives you some relief so you can have that cold pepsi that you crave for. As for the pain, if the fentanyl patch doesn't fully do the trick and you can drink, then liquid percocet is another option. My best advice is to do what you can to stay as comfortable as you can. I wish you both the best.

Jim