PEG

Options
13»

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    cwcad said:

I did not want one but got one anyway...thank God for me!!
    As has been said numerous times in many different threads each of us goes through treatment and reacts to that same treatment differently. Some can make it through and some cannot. I was one that never would have made it with out a food peg. I admire anyone who can have chemo and radiation treatments in the throat and neck area and be able to swallow during and after the treatments. I could not do it. You would not believe how much weight I lost(140+) even using the food peg? It was not that I did not want to eat? Food would not go down my throat for a long time.

Hondo...do you think it is cost that makes the difference? Are the docotrs deciding what a patient can afford? I know I was offered a food peg immediately. My wife insisted so it was really not up for discussion for me. I did then what I still do now...whatever my wonderful wife tells me to do!

Hi cwcad

Glad to see you are doing well my friend I don’t think it is cost that makes the different. When I did my Radiation the first time my oncal Dr made me do anifostine treatments, when I did it the second time with a different oncal Dr he told me he does not believe it works. I thing it is more preference then anything else. Neither one of them offered me a PEG tube and I had no idea what a PEG was.

On the Wife you need to be more like me, I always have the last word in my house and most of the time it is yes dear. lol

Take care :+))
    Hondo