cousin-Thick breast tissue

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
She has gone for past few years for mammo etc (about 45 now) and had biopsies..ALL OK..recently started having pain on other side (breast) went to the dr and had orginal issue (cyst) drained in office..Dr says pain in other side he thinks to be bruise rib! She does not remember banging, hurting chest area. They are going to keep an eye on it!

Denise

She called me since I am the only one she knows who has dealt with BC etc.

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I would request a ct scan
    I would request a ct scan for the rib pain. I was told I pulled a muscle but 3 weeks later I went to my onco it was mets. After radiation on my tailbone, pelvic area had to go back to er, got the same Dr. he looked at my records and asked if my ribs healed, adv it wasn't a pulled muscle it was mets. He left the room and sent in another DR.

It sounds like she does not agree with him, and if that is the case she should insist on more tests. We all know our bodies well enough to know when something isn't right. I would rather have an xray which shows nothing than be worried about it.
  • disneyfan2008
    camul said:

I would request a ct scan
    I would request a ct scan for the rib pain. I was told I pulled a muscle but 3 weeks later I went to my onco it was mets. After radiation on my tailbone, pelvic area had to go back to er, got the same Dr. he looked at my records and asked if my ribs healed, adv it wasn't a pulled muscle it was mets. He left the room and sent in another DR.

It sounds like she does not agree with him, and if that is the case she should insist on more tests. We all know our bodies well enough to know when something isn't right. I would rather have an xray which shows nothing than be worried about it.

just emailed her to see if
    just emailed her to see if feeling any better? and when she is going back for follow up..

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    Talked to cousin again...had
    Talked to cousin again...had another appt yesterday..still says chest pain could be from coughing hard (bruised rib) she is changing job so for month or two no insurance so can't go back for awhile..was suppose to be in 3 wks..now about 2mths..

Denise