Checking in and asking for prayers

Hi All,

Haven't posted in a while but have been trying to keep up with everyone. I am thankful for and pray for all of you daily. Sweet, I am sorry to read you are dealing with health issues. Will send extra prayers for you and all that are having difficulty now.

Pats 2 year scope looked fine. Two year PET is October 12. Scanxiety for me is nearly debilitating. Please send prayers for good results.

Thanks to all of you for posting on this board. Many times coming here has saved my sanity. (Well I guess that's arguable lol because it assumes I was sane to begin with).

Love you guys and thank you.

Myka

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Myka
    You know it; prayers are on their way for a good PET on Oct 12th

Wishing you both the best
    Hondo
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Energy on way
    Myka, sending positive thoughts to you and Pat on the 12th. I went to counseling for a couple of months post treatment. It didn't do me much good--but as I healed I began to feel better; but one thing the counselor told me I hang on to. He reminded me that we don't really control much in our lives, only what we put in our bodies, and how we act.
    That fact helps me with scan time anxiety, hope it can help you.

best, Hal
  • hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Hal61 said:

Energy on way
    Myka, sending positive thoughts to you and Pat on the 12th. I went to counseling for a couple of months post treatment. It didn't do me much good--but as I healed I began to feel better; but one thing the counselor told me I hang on to. He reminded me that we don't really control much in our lives, only what we put in our bodies, and how we act.
    That fact helps me with scan time anxiety, hope it can help you.

best, Hal

Hi Myka
    I will send good thoughts to you on the 12th. You are on my calendar!
    Keep the faith, the Dr's know their stuff. Besides after all the crap we've been through, we deserve a clean scan after 2 years...I'm at 18 months, so I 'm right behind you...
    sending prayers,
    Steve
  • nwasen
    nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member
    good Vibes coming
    Don't know either of you but sure do understand the anxiety. I am coming up on 9 months.
    My doc says 2 years is a magic number....
    hope you both can keep busy till results are known and as my good friend Randy says, keep the committee out of your head.
    I am sure many will be anxious to hear the results.
    Peace, Nancy
  • noelles_jim
    noelles_jim Member Posts: 12
    Prayers
    Hey Myka,

Of course many payers are coming your way. Keep the faith, I pray all goes well.

Jim
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Thanks so much!
    To all of you! You really lifted my spirits today.
    Good thoughts and energy your way as well, as always.

Myka
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Myka
    Yes, we are all familiar with the anxiety associated with scans. It never seems to go away. Praying you will have a clean scan on the 12th. Karen
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Myka
    Thank you very much. Will keep you guys in prayer for the two year pet scan.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Hi Myka
    Like almost everyone else here, I know how you feel. I usually get wound up before a PET, then the day of the PET, I'm strangely calm and distanced. Good the hear his recent scope was clear. Looking forward to a mid October "Woo Hoo" report from you.
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Myka
    Sending prayers for a clean PET on the 12th and extra prayers for you that you can remain calm and optimistic.

Stay strong,
    Glenna

P.S. How many of us are really sane :)
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Glenna M said:

Myka
    Sending prayers for a clean PET on the 12th and extra prayers for you that you can remain calm and optimistic.

Stay strong,
    Glenna

P.S. How many of us are really sane :)

Morning Glenna
    My insanely abi-normal sista.....

Thinking of you and my thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Best,
    John
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS HEADED YOUR WAY
    A prayer from my family to yours.

I can relate as I have an exam and scope 3 weeks earlier than originally scheduled to look at an irritated and swollen area near my wisdom tooth. I so hope it is not "here we go again."

Thinking nothing but positive thoughts for you and the family.

Best!!

Mike
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288

PRAYERS AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS HEADED YOUR WAY
    A prayer from my family to yours.

I can relate as I have an exam and scope 3 weeks earlier than originally scheduled to look at an irritated and swollen area near my wisdom tooth. I so hope it is not "here we go again."

Thinking nothing but positive thoughts for you and the family.

Best!!

Mike

Scanxiety
    I knew I could come here and not feel alone. Sorry to hear that we all suffer from the anxiety of checkups, but realize the alternative could ne much worse. You guys get it. Thanks for understanding.

Mike - praying with all my heart that the wisdom tooth is nothing serious.

Thoughts, good energy and prayers for all of you.

Myka
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Scanxiety
    I can definitely relate...

I had my two year scope several months ago now, but it was definitely a high anxiety time.

Usually it always seems like something is going on around those same times....

So far so good with mine...

Thoughts and Prayers for a good clean scan for you guys as well.

Best,
    John
  • Hondo
    luv2cut1 said:

Scanxiety
    I knew I could come here and not feel alone. Sorry to hear that we all suffer from the anxiety of checkups, but realize the alternative could ne much worse. You guys get it. Thanks for understanding.

Mike - praying with all my heart that the wisdom tooth is nothing serious.

Thoughts, good energy and prayers for all of you.

Myka

Myka

That’s because here we are all family, when one hurts we all hurt together.

Hondo
  • mixleader
    mixleader Member Posts: 267 Member
    Anxiety
    Hi, Myka. Best wishes and prayers headed your way for you and Pat. I certainly understand the high anxiety as I am going through this as well with a scan coming up in about 3 weeks to see if my current chemo is working or not. Hang tough.

Roger
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Skiffin16 said:

Morning Glenna
    My insanely abi-normal sista.....

Thinking of you and my thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Best,
    John

Mornin' John
    Becoming more insanely abi-normal by the day :)

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, they really mean a lot to me and give me strength when I am down.

Stay well my abi-normal brudda!!
    Glenna
  • ccraw44
    ccraw44 Member Posts: 3
    Prayers
    Hi Myka,

I am new here but I know my GOD can do it. I had throat cancer and finished my last radiation treatment in February 8, 2011. My pet scan was completely clean and i saw the ENT today and he took his camera and went in my throat and said" your throat is amazingle clean. No signs of anything tha tdidn't belong." Will be glad to send prayers your way.
    God bless you and yours.

Carolyn
  • Hondo
    ccraw44 said:

Prayers
    Hi Myka,

I am new here but I know my GOD can do it. I had throat cancer and finished my last radiation treatment in February 8, 2011. My pet scan was completely clean and i saw the ENT today and he took his camera and went in my throat and said" your throat is amazingle clean. No signs of anything tha tdidn't belong." Will be glad to send prayers your way.
    God bless you and yours.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn

That is a great report and glad things are going so well for you and also welcome to CSN glad you are with us.

Take care and may God continue to bless and be with you
    Hondo
  • RayTodd
    RayTodd Member Posts: 187
    Myka
    You got it all in barrels from me in fact you all got it in barrels all my thought and prayers from Ray and Merryl