Chen, thinking of you today

Options
CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
How are you feeling? Did you have your thoracentesis today? Sending you (((hugs))) and prayers and hoping you are well.

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I did indeed, CC~ and it was
    I did indeed, CC~ and it was too too long of a day. Appointment was at 10:30~ I got there, only to find out no one hda told me I needed labs beforehand ( the clot factor one, in particular) I just had labs drawn last Friday~ so of course, had it been ordered then I would have been on time. But no...I had to wait in the lab for half an hour, and after labs were drawn it took an hour for results, and of course now it is just past noon...lunch time! Had the ultrasound, a harried but nice ( thankfully) radiologist "hooked me up" so to speak, but as I ( or is it they???)was late, he couldn't stay for the procedure. Of course the tech did, but this one was incredibly painful~ there was so much fluid in my lung that they had to start a 2nd bottle!! So when my lung collapsed, the stricture in my chest was almost unbearable. I did have xrays post thora, and my lungs were fine~ thankfully or I would have needed a chest tube! No!

Poor sweet Reggie~ tomorrow is the Tribe's Pow Wow and our family mans the frybread stand, and today EVERYTHING had to be set up at the venue~ our flooring, stoves, lights,work stations, signage...the whole 9 yards. Reggie would not leave me alone at home so I took a blanket and pillow and hunkered down in the pick up for 3 hours.

We just came home and he made me fresh cream of tomato soup with rice...YUM.

Siobhan is coming out tomorrow to work the aternoon shift, I will go to the Pow Wow with her at noon~ so I don't have to be there by 7AM~ thankfully! But PMs are nice~ Reggie gets a break from cooking to sing with his group as well as enjoying a few other groups I look forward to hearing. And the dancers, and drummers!

I hope you are still doing WONDERULLY~ that is my ultimate goal! Thanks for asking for me...I love you!

HUgs, Chen♥

PS...I am too tired to correct the typos...much as it pains me to find any!
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

I did indeed, CC~ and it was too too long of a day. Appointment was at 10:30~ I got there, only to find out no one hda told me I needed labs beforehand ( the clot factor one, in particular) I just had labs drawn last Friday~ so of course, had it been ordered then I would have been on time. But no...I had to wait in the lab for half an hour, and after labs were drawn it took an hour for results, and of course now it is just past noon...lunch time! Had the ultrasound, a harried but nice ( thankfully) radiologist "hooked me up" so to speak, but as I ( or is it they???)was late, he couldn't stay for the procedure. Of course the tech did, but this one was incredibly painful~ there was so much fluid in my lung that they had to start a 2nd bottle!! So when my lung collapsed, the stricture in my chest was almost unbearable. I did have xrays post thora, and my lungs were fine~ thankfully or I would have needed a chest tube! No!

Poor sweet Reggie~ tomorrow is the Tribe's Pow Wow and our family mans the frybread stand, and today EVERYTHING had to be set up at the venue~ our flooring, stoves, lights,work stations, signage...the whole 9 yards. Reggie would not leave me alone at home so I took a blanket and pillow and hunkered down in the pick up for 3 hours.

Siobhan is coming out tomorrow to work the aternoon shift, I will go to the Pow Wow with her at noon~ so I don't have to be there by 7AM~ thankfully! But PMs are nice~ Reggie gets a break from cooking to sing with his group as well as enjoying a few other groups I look forward to hearing. And the dancers, and drummers!

I hope you are still doing WONDERULLY~ that is my ultimate goal! Thanks for asking for me...I love you!

HUgs, Chen♥

Your day sounds awful
    So sorry you're going through this, Chen. Glad it's behind you, tho. Sending hugs and prayers.
    Suzanne
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

HUgs, Chen♥

Chen, you are truly amazing!
    Chen, you are truly amazing! You have a painful thoracentesis and then you hunker down in the back of a pickup while getting ready for a Pow Wow?! Boy, I'm feeling like a slacker tonight!!! Please take it easy tomorrow, my walking Pow Wow-attending busy friend. Make sure that you drink lots of fluids and no wild dancing! I love you too, so, promise me, no wild exertions tomorrow ;-)

Thank you for asking about me too. I feel as if I am doing well. My markers are up again, but only about a 10% increase this time. I am choosing to think that that is not signicant--I don't think my oncologist will be concerned and I know MDA wouldn't be. Wish they were down, but maybe after I've been on the meds longer....
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

HUgs, Chen♥

Pow Wow
    Sounds like a good way to spend the afternoon. It is relaxing to just watch the dancers and listen to the music!
    Having the lung tapped, not so much..... Glad you didn't have complications.

Rest and be well,

Cindy
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Chen,
    I cannot imagine what you described, however, I can imagine you doing it with courage, strength and grace.

Take care - don't overdo.

Sue
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    mamolady said:

Pow Wow
    Sounds like a good way to spend the afternoon. It is relaxing to just watch the dancers and listen to the music!
    Having the lung tapped, not so much..... Glad you didn't have complications.

Rest and be well,

Cindy

WOW POW WOW!
    Enjoy tomorrow but try not to overdo it. Because of your previous posts, I know how much you love these events! Happy to hear that today was at least tolerable for you and that no further procedures were needed. Best wishes.
    Marsha
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Chen,
    I cannot imagine what you described, however, I can imagine you doing it with courage, strength and grace.

Take care - don't overdo.

Sue

Truly INSPIRATIONAL, dear Hummingbird!
    While others in your situation would be demonstrating anger or frustration (myself, included)I am amazed by your positive attitude, kindred spirit, nutriment for man/woman kind.

I continue to be in awe by all that you accomplish -- family, life, Reggie, and your personal well being .. never mind that fact that you are dealing with a new treatment regiment. Wow!

Your Strength reminds me of the Bald Eager -- it soars in the face of adversity, over coming incredible obstacles.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

HUgs, Chen♥

Pow Wow
    Good for you, Claudia. If you are not sitting at home waiting, "it's not gaining on you".

Moving, going about my normal life no matter what the medical world through at me has served me very well these 17 years.

When you are feeling up to it, tell us about this Pow Wow, it sounds like so much fun.

To Life!

Doris
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Truly INSPIRATIONAL, dear Hummingbird!
    While others in your situation would be demonstrating anger or frustration (myself, included)I am amazed by your positive attitude, kindred spirit, nutriment for man/woman kind.

I continue to be in awe by all that you accomplish -- family, life, Reggie, and your personal well being .. never mind that fact that you are dealing with a new treatment regiment. Wow!

Your Strength reminds me of the Bald Eager -- it soars in the face of adversity, over coming incredible obstacles.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Thank you everyone for your
    Thank you everyone for your kind words! It is you who contribute to my strength and determination. I laughed at the scheduler in Radiology; when no one could find blood work in my charts that had the "right" test, I simmply said I would be happy to get the labs drawn and come back Monday or whenever for the thoracentesis. She looked at me and said "Would you please do something so that I can have YOUR personaity? You are the nicest, most even-keeled person I have ever seen!" Reggie rolled his eyes ( in a nice way) and mumbled something about the Dalai Lama! hahahahahahaha!

I am resting this morning; my ribs ache a little. I imagine it is because of having the procedure, and who knows what else?!

I look foreward to the Pow Wow today and tomorrow. I will have limited duties, but that's alright~ I can enjoy seeing my friends, hearing Reggie sing, and looking at the jewelry and other arts and crafts.

Thank you again, sweet sisters. I appreciate you more than you know.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thank you everyone for your
    Thank you everyone for your kind words! It is you who contribute to my strength and determination. I laughed at the scheduler in Radiology; when no one could find blood work in my charts that had the "right" test, I simmply said I would be happy to get the labs drawn and come back Monday or whenever for the thoracentesis. She looked at me and said "Would you please do something so that I can have YOUR personaity? You are the nicest, most even-keeled person I have ever seen!" Reggie rolled his eyes ( in a nice way) and mumbled something about the Dalai Lama! hahahahahahaha!

I am resting this morning; my ribs ache a little. I imagine it is because of having the procedure, and who knows what else?!

I look foreward to the Pow Wow today and tomorrow. I will have limited duties, but that's alright~ I can enjoy seeing my friends, hearing Reggie sing, and looking at the jewelry and other arts and crafts.

Thank you again, sweet sisters. I appreciate you more than you know.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Dear Chen
    Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and I'm sorry the procedure was so painful.
    Have a blast at the Pow Wow but like CC said, try to take it easy.
    I don't have to tell you this~~ but you are such an inspiration.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Dear Chen
    Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and I'm sorry the procedure was so painful.
    Have a blast at the Pow Wow but like CC said, try to take it easy.
    I don't have to tell you this~~ but you are such an inspiration.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Dear Claudia
    You always amaze me weather it Pow Wow or sloppy medical office. I always impressed by you positive attitude and your strengths of enjoying every moment in your life.
    Please take care of yourself and rest
    Hugs