Top of my class

AnneBehymer
AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
Well it only took getting cancer to become top of my class lol. When I found out that I have cancer it devastated my life. It turned not only my life but the life of my mom and dad and all the people in my life. It seemed that my mom and dad's life stopped and it became all about me. I have never been the type to want to be the center of attention I preferred to be in the back of the class and not noticed by anyone. I found out that I had stage 4 grade 3 which is the last stop before death for ovarian cancer I basically was looking at death face to face. To say that I was scared it an understatement my mom and dad was facing losing their only child. Because of cancer I have lost so much my job, my finances, and so much more. But it did not take my hope, the fight in me, the love of my family, and I won’t let it take my life. Today was my fifth chemo treatment of Taxol, Carbo, and Advastian which it a clinical trial to see if Advastian would be a chemo to give ovarian cancer would a hope to live and beat this beast we call cancer. Before each chemo treatments I have a lot of blood drawn more than I have the two weeks earlier to see what my ca125 is and so many more blood test. When I come in my nurse know the first thing I am going to ask so what is it today so they have it ready. Before my third treatment I asked and they said it went down from 2000 to 67. They had to pick my jaw up off the floor before my fourth treatment it went down from 67 to to 14 they had to pick my mom's jaw up off the floor. Today before my 5th treatment which my mom was unable to come because of a migraine I took a friend instead my ca125 dropped from 14 to 5 they had to pick me up off the floor. The nurse said that my level was better than hers and she was not even sick. I am at the top of the studies list because on June 4th I was surely going to die and now I was going to life. With the help of God, my family, and my friends I am going to life. I give all the glory to God my heavenly father who loves us so much that he gave his life on a cross so many years before so that we may live. I love all of you have given advice, love, support and most of all held my up in your prays.

With all my love and joy

Comments

• carolyn45
    carolyn45 Member Posts: 100
    Yippee!!
    Oh Anne, you've probably made everyone's day, certainly mine! I remember my oncologist beaming at me as he said, "A body can't get rid of cancer any faster than yours is." Your drop in CA 125 is far greater than mine!! One thing I became very clear about over the last months is that I WILL live--in or out of a body. Death of form isn't a horror story. It's an opening... I always prayed for what was in the highest good for me, those I love, and for serving God. It sure seems that I'm going to be here for a while to come, and that makes me humble and grateful, as you are. The prayers will continue, for sure.
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    PTL!
    To God be the Glory, Anne! And to you, may His Blessings continue to fill your heart, your life and your family. What a testimony you are to the Love that carries us through all things, great and small, good and bad. Your strength and perserverance is such an inspiration. It warms my heart to read your words this morning. In all that you're going through you still find much to be grateful for.

I know how difficult my journey was on my husband, mom and children, and other family. I will echo your sentiments - with His Grace and sufficiency I would not have gotten through. All that I have, all that I am, is because of HIS sacrifice and gift.

Have a super special day and weekend, Anne. Thank you for this wonderful blessing this morning!

(((HUGS)))
    Monika
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    mopar said:

PTL!
    To God be the Glory, Anne! And to you, may His Blessings continue to fill your heart, your life and your family. What a testimony you are to the Love that carries us through all things, great and small, good and bad. Your strength and perserverance is such an inspiration. It warms my heart to read your words this morning. In all that you're going through you still find much to be grateful for.

I know how difficult my journey was on my husband, mom and children, and other family. I will echo your sentiments - with His Grace and sufficiency I would not have gotten through. All that I have, all that I am, is because of HIS sacrifice and gift.

Have a super special day and weekend, Anne. Thank you for this wonderful blessing this morning!

(((HUGS)))
    Monika

I am so happy for you Anne.
    I got a lump in my throat reading your post. Unfortunatley on this board we all have faced the fear of death. But I firmly believe the saying, "Where there is life, there is hope." It may be a cliche but we are all living proof. This must be heavenly news for your parents. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. You have put joy in my day.

Karen
  • AnneBehymer
    mopar said:

PTL!

(((HUGS)))
    Monika

Job
    One of my favorite books in the bible is Job becasue it underlineing theam is IN ALL THINGS GOOD OR BAD GOD THE GLORY. And that is what I am trying to do as hard as this get and being on death door was as hard as it gets to give God the glory. Every I pray for my teal sister that God will heal and touch them as he has healed me and touched me have a great weekend

Much love going all of yours way

Anne

p.s you all always put a smile on my face also when I see how God has touch you and my parents are on cloud nine right now I don't think anything can pull them down right now :)
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member

Job
    One of my favorite books in the bible is Job becasue it underlineing theam is IN ALL THINGS GOOD OR BAD GOD THE GLORY. And that is what I am trying to do as hard as this get and being on death door was as hard as it gets to give God the glory. Every I pray for my teal sister that God will heal and touch them as he has healed me and touched me have a great weekend

Much love going all of yours way

Anne

p.s you all always put a smile on my face also when I see how God has touch you and my parents are on cloud nine right now I don't think anything can pull them down right now :)

Terrific News!
    Anne,

Your strength and courage are simply awesome. Wishing the best always to you and your family and to our other teal sisters.

Peace, joy, and love,

Kelly
  • Robkel7
    Robkel7 Member Posts: 68
    YAY!
    Happy for you. You reminded me who is really in charge. Thanks for that. I know God has a plan for my life. I raised my children to believe that because He was always so faithful at providing our needs. I am sticking with that idea. If His plan is for me to leave this earth sooner than I had hoped, I will accept that. In the meantime, Anne. so happy for you and your parents. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that your pain level is manageable.
    With Love.
    Robin
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    WooHoo!!!!
    Step right up to the head of the class!!! This is just wonderful news.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member
    Mwee said:

WooHoo!!!!
    Step right up to the head of the class!!! This is just wonderful news.
    (((HUGS))) Maria

Glad to know
    Glad to know you are doing super well! Family support really makes a difference, too.
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    A true teal warrior you are.
    A true teal warrior you are. I know exactly how you felt. It was the same way with me too. Literally one day I had to stare death face to face and everything became about me. Cancer also changed my life. I was planning a wedding and I had to stop because I will loose my financial assistance, it took my finances, it took the ability for me to have kids and it changed the way I look at life. The one good thing that came out of it. I guess life doesn't turn out the way we think it will. We just have to keep the faith and hope for a good tomorrow.
  • carolenk
    jbeans888 said:

A true teal warrior you are.
    A true teal warrior you are. I know exactly how you felt. It was the same way with me too. Literally one day I had to stare death face to face and everything became about me. Cancer also changed my life. I was planning a wedding and I had to stop because I will loose my financial assistance, it took my finances, it took the ability for me to have kids and it changed the way I look at life. The one good thing that came out of it. I guess life doesn't turn out the way we think it will. We just have to keep the faith and hope for a good tomorrow.

You got HAIR!
    JB

Are you hoping for curly hair? It's too soon to tell how it's going to grow out.
  • AnneBehymer
    carolenk said:

You got HAIR!
    JB

Are you hoping for curly hair? It's too soon to tell how it's going to grow out.

I am hoping for curly hair
    I usally pay to make it curly so it wuold be nice not to pay for it for awhile I hear the curly hair only last for about a year but that would be one year I did not have to pay for it. I love all the teal sisters I have met on this site and will continue to lift you all up in my prays as I will still be having chemo for almost two years I will love for my sister to keep me in thir prays also.

Love you all in the lord
    Anne
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    carolenk said:

You got HAIR!
    JB

Carol, my hair is growing in
    Carol, my hair is growing in straight I think. It is definitely alot lighter than it was. I am hoping i don't get curly hair that is just too much to manage. lol. I love all my teal sisters too.
  • carolenk
    jbeans888 said:

Carol, my hair is growing in
    Carol, my hair is growing in straight I think. It is definitely alot lighter than it was. I am hoping i don't get curly hair that is just too much to manage. lol. I love all my teal sisters too.

Curly hair
    Jill

It may be too early to tell if your hair will be curly or not. If you get curly hair, you will need to consult with a friend who has naturally curly hair who can teach you all about hair products.

In any case, it's nice just to have hair again!
  • AnneBehymer
    carolenk said:

Curly hair
    Jill

It may be too early to tell if your hair will be curly or not. If you get curly hair, you will need to consult with a friend who has naturally curly hair who can teach you all about hair products.

In any case, it's nice just to have hair again!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaaa
    you can say that again I can not wait unitl I have hair again. I hate the comercials were women are tossing the hair around lol makes me miss mine even more. Much love to my teal sisters.

Anne