water question

mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
I would like to know what kind of water do you drink, plastic (deerpark etc...) or filtered
from the sink? MOLLYZ

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Filtered water
    I use filtered water from my kitchen faucets. I fill a container when I go out. I gave up plastic bottles when I realize they were not being recycled but going into land filled. My water comes from a well on my property.

Best,

Doris
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    SIROD said:

Filtered water
    I use filtered water from my kitchen faucets. I fill a container when I go out. I gave up plastic bottles when I realize they were not being recycled but going into land filled. My water comes from a well on my property.

Best,

Doris

Poland Springs
    bottles, sorry
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339

Poland Springs
    bottles, sorry

mine comes from a filter in
    mine comes from a filter in my sink...i try not to use bottle water
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339

Poland Springs
    bottles, sorry

mine comes from a filter in
    mine comes from a filter in my sink...i try not to use bottle water
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Most of my water is Ozarka
    Most of my water is Ozarka Spring Water - it's what they have at the Commissary in the 2.5 gal. size. I won't drink our tap water even run through a filter as it consistantly fails water tests due to the radiation level in it (as I understand it - just goes with the area and what's in the ground.).
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    both
    I have to admit I buy bottled (flavored) and use the filter on the sink. I am trying to give up the bottled but I like a little flavor.
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Bottled
    Hi,

I do the bottles because the kids take them to school and sports practices. I know it's not friendly, but I do recycle all of them.

Terry
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    I have several re-usable water bottles that are BPA free and fill it from the kitchen sink. I have city water. I am an avid water drinker and have a long drive so I hate to pay the money for bottled water at the gas station but will if I forget my bottle from home.
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member

I have several re-usable water bottles that are BPA free and fill it from the kitchen sink. I have city water. I am an avid water drinker and have a long drive so I hate to pay the money for bottled water at the gas station but will if I forget my bottle from home.

both
    I put filtered water from the pitcher in my "Kleen Kanteen" that keeps it cold all day, even when traveling in the car etc. But I also use bottled water when traveling because I'm not comfortable about unknown sources etc. We do keep bottled onhand all the time for travel and we definately recycle those bottles.
  • jerseygirl231
    jerseygirl231 Member Posts: 178
    skipper54 said:

both
    I put filtered water from the pitcher in my "Kleen Kanteen" that keeps it cold all day, even when traveling in the car etc. But I also use bottled water when traveling because I'm not comfortable about unknown sources etc. We do keep bottled onhand all the time for travel and we definately recycle those bottles.

filter and bottled here
    i have a filtered water bottled i carry with me. And if i go any place i ask for bottled water.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    WELL!

WELL!
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Straight from the tap
    without a filter. I never drink bottled water because bottled water is not federally or state regulated (as opposed to tap water) and lord knows what it could have in it. Plus, it is expensive and I don't want the plastic to go unrecycled. As long as we are drinking as much water as possible, I doubt, in the end it makes much of a difference to our health.

Clementine
  • mollyz

Straight from the tap
    without a filter. I never drink bottled water because bottled water is not federally or state regulated (as opposed to tap water) and lord knows what it could have in it. Plus, it is expensive and I don't want the plastic to go unrecycled. As long as we are drinking as much water as possible, I doubt, in the end it makes much of a difference to our health.

Clementine

Thanks everyone!!
    I drink bottle water and i know plastic bottles are not suppose to stay in the sun (left in the car etc...) and not suppose to be frozen I was just curious what everybody used.thanks for the input. MOLLYZ
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    I drank about 600 bottles of
    I drank about 600 bottles of spring water during my chemo treatments. Then I saw an Oncology nutritionist who told me to stay away from bottled water - plastic. So now I drink from a filter. And sometimes would drink from a bottle.
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377

Straight from the tap

Clementine

oh, Clementine...tsk, tsk, =]
    Bottled water if I drink any water at all! We recycle all plastic, glass, and metal containers. Not a task to be undertaken lightly! lol =)

@ Clementine -- I think that if you had the scary local tap water here it may be cause to reconsider the doubt-if-it-makes-much-of-a-difference outlook! :)

Hereabouts we have the Newmark Groundwater Contamination Superfund site. Which is essentially two plumes, and one is 8 miles long, of VOCs (volatile organic compounds). The primary contaminants are perchloroethlyene (PCE) and trichloroethylene (TCE).*

Yikes, how bad does it have to be to gain Superfund status?!! Oh, they haven't actually done anything much about it yet but have known about it for many years. Except to close a few wells, and maybe add some filteration at a few of the wells.

eeek! =)

*http://yosemite.epa.gov/r9/sfund/r9sfdocw.nsf/3dc283e6c5d6056f88257426007417a2/5c7940f70ff34151882573af00375a21/$FILE/1.0 - 6.0 (50KB).pdf
  • laughs_a_lot
    Side subject off of this question.
    Do the BPA free water bottles have the same problem with being left in the car or in the freezer that the bottled water bottles do?
  • laughs_a_lot
    Oops double post. I must be really curious.
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    jendrey said:

oh, Clementine...tsk, tsk, =]
    Bottled water if I drink any water at all! We recycle all plastic, glass, and metal containers. Not a task to be undertaken lightly! lol =)

@ Clementine -- I think that if you had the scary local tap water here it may be cause to reconsider the doubt-if-it-makes-much-of-a-difference outlook! :)

Hereabouts we have the Newmark Groundwater Contamination Superfund site. Which is essentially two plumes, and one is 8 miles long, of VOCs (volatile organic compounds). The primary contaminants are perchloroethlyene (PCE) and trichloroethylene (TCE).*

Yikes, how bad does it have to be to gain Superfund status?!! Oh, they haven't actually done anything much about it yet but have known about it for many years. Except to close a few wells, and maybe add some filteration at a few of the wells.

eeek! =)

*http://yosemite.epa.gov/r9/sfund/r9sfdocw.nsf/3dc283e6c5d6056f88257426007417a2/5c7940f70ff34151882573af00375a21/$FILE/1.0 - 6.0 (50KB).pdf

Wow
    Well, it certainly sounds like your situation is pretty bad. Much different than most and definitely different than mine. I hope your situation improves quickly.

Best,
    Clementine
  • mollyz

Do the BPA free water bottles have the same problem with being left in the car or in the freezer that the bottled water bottles do?

Not sure!!!
    I'm not sure about the BPA bottles,i wouldn't think so because it's the plastic that's the problem. I think i need to get a filter on my tap water and use my BPA bottle cause i drink a lot of bottle water and i'm always thinking how long did this water sit in a warehouse in the hot. MOLLYZ