Blood today,good news this week but still a little vent......

Options
I got blood today and get to skip chemo this week because it's my birthday and we are going out of town!!! Fourth birthday since my diagnosis!!! I feel good and my cancer counts have come down a ton!! What good news,yeah!!!!! :)

So why is the lady in the next bed who apparently had a ton of cysts removed yesterday and keeps complaining about her pain/herself making me crazy. She nonchanlantly says to vistors oh yeah they were benign. I want to say YOU SHOULD BE JUMPING FOR JOY.ugh.

I take nothing for granted. I apologize for judging. I am fighting a hard battle. We all are! I celebrated my daughters 17 birthday yesterday. I love that.

Comments

• jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Options
    Are you kidding, she should apologize for being such an obnoxiously self centered i-deserve-all-your-sympathy-whiny-roo!!! I'd hazard a guess to say that anyone of us would gladly trade with her...

I might not be so kind as you, I'd prolly be compelled to tell her a few gory details of my cancer odyssy just to shut her up. lol =)

Happy Birthday to the birthday girl!!!
    Happiest Birthday to you!

(((Hugs)))
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Well, I can only speak for
    Well, I can only speak for myself of course, but even in the midst of any and all good news I received, I still didn't lose sight of the fact that cancer brought me to this place... I finally realized that the reason other people's problems annoyed me so much is that I was ( shudder, but I do admit this!!) Jealous!!!! I wanted to have benign cysts or painful bunions, premenstral bloat, hangnails, itchy skin~ anything but cancer!!!!!!! And I also reaized that if I never had cancer, I would no doubt feel justified complaining about whatever it was I did have! Human nature, I suppose.

Now, I just for the most part anyway, let it slide off my back. Duck and water, ya know? Otherwise I will start playing "why me and why not you?" And that isn't good for me.

So, I continue to live by my mantra: Be Stronger Than, Not Angry At. Why?? Because I need strength to get me through this fight, and anger zaps my energy.

Happy Birthday Kindred Spirit!!!! Enjoy! Celebrate! You deserve it!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Well, I can only speak for
    Well, I can only speak for myself of course, but even in the midst of any and all good news I received, I still didn't lose sight of the fact that cancer brought me to this place... I finally realized that the reason other people's problems annoyed me so much is that I was ( shudder, but I do admit this!!) Jealous!!!! I wanted to have benign cysts or painful bunions, premenstral bloat, hangnails, itchy skin~ anything but cancer!!!!!!! And I also reaized that if I never had cancer, I would no doubt feel justified complaining about whatever it was I did have! Human nature, I suppose.

Now, I just for the most part anyway, let it slide off my back. Duck and water, ya know? Otherwise I will start playing "why me and why not you?" And that isn't good for me.

So, I continue to live by my mantra: Be Stronger Than, Not Angry At. Why?? Because I need strength to get me through this fight, and anger zaps my energy.

Happy Birthday Kindred Spirit!!!! Enjoy! Celebrate! You deserve it!

Well said Chen...
    I think if we'd be honest with ourselves, we'd all admit to being "jealous" of those who are cancer free.....I've done it myself.....though I have never said " why me".... I remember my mother saying, "you'll always find someone better off than you and some that are worse off"...as Chen said, it's human nature...

We just do the best we can with what ever circumstances we're faced with...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Well said Chen...
    I think if we'd be honest with ourselves, we'd all admit to being "jealous" of those who are cancer free.....I've done it myself.....though I have never said " why me".... I remember my mother saying, "you'll always find someone better off than you and some that are worse off"...as Chen said, it's human nature...

We just do the best we can with what ever circumstances we're faced with...
    Hugs, Nancy

yep, it's annoying
    to hear people complain about trivial things...trivial compared to cancer, of course, to them they are probably not trivial....I feel jealous of healthy people who do not have to deal with their own mortality...I envy not so much their physical health as their mental blindness...they still have the luxury of believing that cancer is something that happens to "other people"...

Laura
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    dbhadra said:

yep, it's annoying
    to hear people complain about trivial things...trivial compared to cancer, of course, to them they are probably not trivial....I feel jealous of healthy people who do not have to deal with their own mortality...I envy not so much their physical health as their mental blindness...they still have the luxury of believing that cancer is something that happens to "other people"...

Laura

I understand
    I understand how you feel.If I was thatlady I would THINK oh I am lucky. But she complains about benign. I've had 7 benign tumors and 1 malignant.i'm happy so far but I do get bent out of shape everytime I'm told they found another tumor.I guess with this added stress and it has happened 3 times in 2 years PEOPLE are getting on my nerves.Very bad. I am polite and not rude to anyone unless it something that really ticks me off.I will in no uncertain terms tell them what I think. Now its gotta be bad.

Just today a lady I called a lady to see if she got her cats into our shelter.I made the arrangements since she had to move to a apt. She was to call them on Wed.They ended up getting a few opening on Monday.They told her.Well she no longer needed the service.I asked
    her WHY.She took them out in the country and dumped them. I told her she is the most cruel person I know.It was uncalled for and you put those poor cats out to starve, get shot, attacked by wild animals and die.She cried.Then I told her to get back to that area and get them.Likely you can't but do it anyway.I was Sorry I got ticked but not one time do I think that I should be fine with her cruelty. I speak for the animals.I see enough of them starving and dumped and when I hear of someone like her I have NO use for them.She did take her dogs in but not the cats.So now I told our shelter to put her on a DO NOT ADOPT LIST.

You have to tick me off pretty bad but just something about being dx that has changed me.I remember my friend who is a 16 year survivor saying how it changes you.Now I know.I see what she meant and understand why you won't take any bull.

Lynn Smith
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options

I understand
    I understand how you feel.If I was thatlady I would THINK oh I am lucky. But she complains about benign. I've had 7 benign tumors and 1 malignant.i'm happy so far but I do get bent out of shape everytime I'm told they found another tumor.I guess with this added stress and it has happened 3 times in 2 years PEOPLE are getting on my nerves.Very bad. I am polite and not rude to anyone unless it something that really ticks me off.I will in no uncertain terms tell them what I think. Now its gotta be bad.

Just today a lady I called a lady to see if she got her cats into our shelter.I made the arrangements since she had to move to a apt. She was to call them on Wed.They ended up getting a few opening on Monday.They told her.Well she no longer needed the service.I asked
    her WHY.She took them out in the country and dumped them. I told her she is the most cruel person I know.It was uncalled for and you put those poor cats out to starve, get shot, attacked by wild animals and die.She cried.Then I told her to get back to that area and get them.Likely you can't but do it anyway.I was Sorry I got ticked but not one time do I think that I should be fine with her cruelty. I speak for the animals.I see enough of them starving and dumped and when I hear of someone like her I have NO use for them.She did take her dogs in but not the cats.So now I told our shelter to put her on a DO NOT ADOPT LIST.

You have to tick me off pretty bad but just something about being dx that has changed me.I remember my friend who is a 16 year survivor saying how it changes you.Now I know.I see what she meant and understand why you won't take any bull.

Lynn Smith

To Lynn,
    To bad they couldn't revive the 17th century pillory for women like her. Cruel, cruel, cruel, poor little kitties. They didn't deserve such a fate. If she had taken care of the mother by having her spayed, she wouldn't have had the problem. I am glad you got ticked off!

Doris
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Options
    Some times people can't take
    Some times people can't take as much pain or bad things happening to them. They are not as strong as others. I feel for anyone in pain or despair. You are very strong with where you are and I don't know what I would do with all you have been through. May God hold you close and give you comfort. Diana