First Post-Op PET/CT Scans Results

I had the big surgery in April and was scheduled for my first PET/CT Scans and blood work for last month but I had to testify at a trial so it was all rescheduled for last week and the meeting with my oncologist was today. All clear!!! I am sooooo relieved...

Comments

• TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Congratulations!
    I'm so Very Happy for you, Jim :)

I know we will be facing our 1st "scanxiety" sometime in the next 4 - 6 months. My husband had his surgery 20 days ago.

Prayers for continued clear reports!

Terry
    Wife to Nick, age 48
    dx T3N2M0 05/19/11
    THE 09/08/11
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    GREAAAAAAAAAT NEWS!!!!
    Jim,
    So glad to hear you had a clear scan! You are certainly having better luck than many others here this month!

Great news, DO celibate! We are very very happy for you. May your scans continue to be clean forever.

God Bless,
    -Eric
  • Wpturner05
    Wpturner05 Member Posts: 114
    All clear
    Congratulations on your recent scans. That is great news. May you have many more clear scans . .

Whitney
    wife of Kevin
    stage IVb
  • birdiequeen
    birdiequeen Member Posts: 319
    NED
    Always good to hear about NED's Thank you for sharing!
  • NikiMo
    NikiMo Member Posts: 342
    Good news!!
    Great to hear about your clean scan, I hope many many many more for you!!! My husbands first scan will be October 5th, then on to a little post op chemo.

Niki
    Wife to Jeff
    T2N1M0
    IL 9/6/11
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Great News!!!
    Jim,

Super to hear that your scan results were clear!!! I know waiting for the results can be an anxious time.

Time to take a deep breath and celebrate the good news!!!!

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    3/14/2011 CT Scan NED

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • ritawaite13
    ritawaite13 Member Posts: 236
    Congratulations!!
    I can only imagine your relief!! Best wishes to you as you continue on your road to recovery.
    Rita
  • MarinaDN
    MarinaDN Member Posts: 10
    Wonderful News!
    Here's to many more clear scans!
  • JimboC
    JimboC Member Posts: 264
    Congratulations on the clean
    Congratulations on the clean scan. I know it has to be a relief. I had the surgery back in July and a CT about three weeks ago that was clean. I'm about a month away from my first PET. Pens and needles. One scan at a time.

Best wishes for continued clean scans!
  • mardigras
    mardigras Member Posts: 215 Member
    Fabulous new Jim
    WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing your good news.
    This is the lift that all our spirits need,
    Long may it continue.
    Love and hugs X
  • jss2011
    jss2011 Member Posts: 132
    mardigras said:

Fabulous new Jim
    WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing your good news.
    This is the lift that all our spirits need,
    Long may it continue.
    Love and hugs X

That is great news!
    That is great news Jim!Hope you continue to post from time to time.

Julie
  • Joel C
    Joel C Member Posts: 174
    jss2011 said:

That is great news!
    That is great news Jim!Hope you continue to post from time to time.

Julie

Can’t put a price on that!

I remember last Christmas the whole family was together at my sister’s house celebrating the holidays. At one point in the evening someone brought up that lottery jackpot was at some ridiculous amount, like $300 or $400 million, or something like that. So a little fun game was started where everyone had to say what they would do with the money if they won. There were probably 30 of us there ranging in age from little children to 70 plus, so as you can imagine there was quite a range of answers. When it was my turn I said, if I could I would trade the ticket for clean scans going forward. Enjoy your winnings Jim.

Joel
  • jim2011
    jim2011 Member Posts: 115
    Joel C said:

Can’t put a price on that!

I remember last Christmas the whole family was together at my sister’s house celebrating the holidays. At one point in the evening someone brought up that lottery jackpot was at some ridiculous amount, like $300 or $400 million, or something like that. So a little fun game was started where everyone had to say what they would do with the money if they won. There were probably 30 of us there ranging in age from little children to 70 plus, so as you can imagine there was quite a range of answers. When it was my turn I said, if I could I would trade the ticket for clean scans going forward. Enjoy your winnings Jim.

Joel

what are the odds?
    EC and other gastric cancers are so rare. It has proven my old beleif that if I didnt have bad luck...I wouldnt have any luck at all. Perhaps my luck has now turned in the "every dog has his day" way and I should be buying lotto tickets to take advantage of this change. As a winner, I would help cover the housing expenses of those with EC. Take some of the everyday stress away and by doing that, maybe install a better mental attitude to allow the healing to progress. uhmmm...perhaps that was the oxy talking again. lol
  • Janet Runge
    Janet Runge Member Posts: 34
    first post op pet
    Great news I know you are relieved. We will hear on Friday my husbands results.
    Question did you have post-op Chemo at all?
  • jim2011

first post op pet
    Great news I know you are relieved. We will hear on Friday my husbands results.
    Question did you have post-op Chemo at all?

no post-op chemo...yet
    My oncologist, Dr. Katipamula at Mn Oncology has not recommended more chemo yet. Yesterday she ordered a MRI to see what is going on that causes some back pain that I have and also prescribed a low dose valium as a muscle relaxer. I must say that is working and I feel pretty good today.
    If more chemo or scopes or anything else was recommended by the loving and capable Dr K then I would be all in. I am a fighter to the last round and my 3 grown up kids wouldn't let me falter.
    Besides with PET/CT Scans and blood work every 3 months, even if something shows up then we will be catching it early. Good luck tomorrow. Please let me/us know how it goes.
    Jim
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Yaaaaaa! Every NED scan is a
    Yaaaaaa! Every NED scan is a reason to celebrate !! Congratulations!
    Sandra
  • Janet Runge
    Janet Runge Member Posts: 34
    jim2011 said:

no post-op chemo...yet
    My oncologist, Dr. Katipamula at Mn Oncology has not recommended more chemo yet. Yesterday she ordered a MRI to see what is going on that causes some back pain that I have and also prescribed a low dose valium as a muscle relaxer. I must say that is working and I feel pretty good today.
    If more chemo or scopes or anything else was recommended by the loving and capable Dr K then I would be all in. I am a fighter to the last round and my 3 grown up kids wouldn't let me falter.
    Besides with PET/CT Scans and blood work every 3 months, even if something shows up then we will be catching it early. Good luck tomorrow. Please let me/us know how it goes.
    Jim

PET scan Clear!
    Heard yesterday on pet/ct scan All clear. His oncologist wants to see Charlie every 5-6 weeks. We all are feeling great now!
  • jim2011

PET scan Clear!
    Heard yesterday on pet/ct scan All clear. His oncologist wants to see Charlie every 5-6 weeks. We all are feeling great now!

Great news!
    Now give it a couple more days to sink in. You will feel even better. Keep working on getting some weight back and being active. For me the mornings are my best time but today I am going to an apple orchard late this afternoon. Its all about pushing the limits and feeling just a bit better each day till the feeling adds up to something like the old normal.
    Obviously you guys are fighters and fighters win.