Just wondering?

Options
Hello, I'm new and I've been watching the board for sometime, lot's of good info. here. Just alittle about me, stage 3 colorectal cancer. I've had the radiation and the chemo, all the good stuff...I had CT Scan a couple of weeks ago.. it looks good. Doctor mentioned that it found that I have gallstones and some spots on my liver..which is kind of scary...but that they were, what she called unspecific or non-specific... meaning? Well, I guess that means that they don't know what it is, so will it be cancer? Has anyone had this before? and if so, what happened?

Comments

• buckeye2
    buckeye2 Member Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My husband's oncologist
    My husband's oncologist based his analysis of the liver spot by it's reaction to chemo. If it shrunk, cancer was suspected. One spot is suspected. One spot not. Lisa
  • IMOK123
    IMOK123 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    buckeye2 said:

My husband's oncologist
    My husband's oncologist based his analysis of the liver spot by it's reaction to chemo. If it shrunk, cancer was suspected. One spot is suspected. One spot not. Lisa

Just wondering
    Thanks for the response, however, I've finished my chemo, so I guess that means that if my next CT Scan shows a spot that has gotten bigger, I'm in trouble....sigh.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    IMOK123 said:

Just wondering
    Thanks for the response, however, I've finished my chemo, so I guess that means that if my next CT Scan shows a spot that has gotten bigger, I'm in trouble....sigh.

No, not necessarily.......
    it could be fatty deposits distributed throughout the liver or a simple density thats no more than a common cyst....Don't put yourself through unnecessary trauma, instead try to beef up on information in here about the options you have if its necessary to further look into them....buzz
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    buckeye2 said:

My husband's oncologist

Lisa -

Re:
    "My husband's oncologist based his analysis of the liver spot
    by it's reaction to chemo. If it shrunk, cancer was suspected. "

So I was wondering.......
    Does he stick a pin in patients to see if they're alive?

I was laughing, until I realized you were serious.

"Trail and error" usually isn't the modus operandi of those making
    a basic diagnosis.... Especially using toxic chemicals!

The guy -is- licensed, right?

Maybe it's time to get another opinion? (I would)

Best wishes,

John