Please Tell Me about Libby!

Options
Nana C.
Nana C. Member Posts: 108
I Know that you all do not recognize me because I do not post often. I guess I am shy when it comes to talking about myself, but I check the board everyday to see what it going on with all of the wonderful, loving people who such a special bond. I was very sad to hear about the death of Libby, but I don't recall seeing post from her, but she had to be a wonderful person who I would have loved like the rest of you. I was hoping that someone who was reading the board would tell me a little something about her so I can have the pleasure of knowing her the way the rest of you did!

Praying for the family of Libby
Nana

Comments

• Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I love that you want to know
    I love that you want to know our dear Libby better. Her sign on name was pinkflutterby, if you put that in the search box you should be able to read many of her posts. You can also use her sign on name to read her "about me" page.

And you're right, she was a wonderful person. I will miss her.

Hugs,

Linda
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Libby was a Texan who loved
    Libby was a Texan who loved her family and local football (also the Dallas Cowboys ;-). She had a great sense of humor that shone through even during her final weeks. I don't think I realized how close she was to the end, because she was in amazing spirits for someone so very ill. Her strength, her courage, her grace and her Texas humor will be sorely missed.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Do any of you have something
    Do any of you have something about Libby you would like to share?
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    chenheart said:

Do any of you have something
    Do any of you have something about Libby you would like to share?

Chen, Libby would have been
    Chen, Libby would have been touched by that analnogy of her life as a kindred. I have only known Libby for 6 short months and from my memory she was one of the first to reach out to me on this board. I soon connected with her on Facebook and really got to see the "funny" side of this dear sweet woman. Her humor, grace, dignity, elegance, and sheer willpower will forever be etched in my heart. She was a fighter, and that she did with the smile never leaving her face or scars from the battle wounding her heart, she had such strength. She taught me that life is definitely worth fighting for and to always stay in the light... That's what Libby was all about to me.

Rest in Peace sweet beautiful sister,
    Lorrie
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Chen, Libby would have been touched by that analnogy of her life as a kindred. I have only known Libby for 6 short months and from my memory she was one of the first to reach out to me on this board. I soon connected with her on Facebook and really got to see the "funny" side of this dear sweet woman. Her humor, grace, dignity, elegance, and sheer willpower will forever be etched in my heart. She was a fighter, and that she did with the smile never leaving her face or scars from the battle wounding her heart, she had such strength. She taught me that life is definitely worth fighting for and to always stay in the light... That's what Libby was all about to me.

Lorrie

Libby-- a beautiful spirit
    She always had a smile on her face. She loved life, and her sweet daughter Carlie. She was such a positive inspiration, strength and beauty. She encouraged us all to never give up. Libby will be missed.
  • chenheart
    Options
    Libby was a strong, smart,
    Libby was a strong, smart, irreverant, brave, funny , wonderful Kindred Spirit. She was only 44 years old, and fought valiantly for 2 years~ beeoming increasingly tired, but never giving up and never losing her fighting spirit. She was a single mom, and leaves behind grown children and grandchildren ( as she herself often said, she "started early")~ and she has a 10 year old daughter Carlie, who was indeed the light and love of her all too short life.

Libby~ what can I tell you about Libby??? She was active on FB, and as I am sure you have read here about the Pink Bus we have to accompany any and all of us to our appointments? Somewhere along the line, the topic of Easter Peeps came up and it was all things Peeps! We found pix of cars decorated with Peeps,( which then took Libby to her appointments!)it digressed to silliness about nuking Peeps in microwave ovens, and just over the top hilarity...you know the kind of things which make no sense on their own, but are so funny nonetheless! There are uncountable zillions of Peep themed pix on the Internet! One crazier than the other, and they provided untold joy! Dont ask why! They just did!

Libby and I were polar opposites on the political spectrum, and we had good-natured bantering taking turns "bashing" each others bad taste in political parties. Never mean-spirited, but spirited!

Libby made fast friends with both ShyViolet and Jean~ Libby took her kids to Disneyland and met ShyV~ though the weather and both of their health concerns were not very positive. They connected in a forever kind of way....Jean was also a special friend following the ornament exchange, and they too kept in regular touch and held a special connection which will transcend this tragedy...

I will always remember Libby's fierce determination to be the BEST mom ever, and I know she achieved that goal~ just not long enough.

That is only scratching the surface about our PinkFlutterBy...but I hope it helps put a person to the username...

Today are her services~ I will be lighting another candle not just in her memory, but to honor and love and respect a true Kindred Spirit who has left us far too soon. She was a true light in what can be a dark place...

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • chenheart
    Options

Lorrie

Thank you, Lorrie~ I always
    Thank you, Lorrie~ I always think of the 2 of you in the same breath...being lovers of butterflies! As I said, I only scratched the surface of telling who our Libby was~I hope othes will chime in. We are all united as sisters and warriors and the connection we share is truly forever...no matter what.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thank you, Lorrie~ I always
    Thank you, Lorrie~ I always think of the 2 of you in the same breath...being lovers of butterflies! As I said, I only scratched the surface of telling who our Libby was~I hope othes will chime in. We are all united as sisters and warriors and the connection we share is truly forever...no matter what.

In addition to all her wonderful
    qualities, her maternal side shone through her posts. What blessed children to have had such a loving, wonderful mother.
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    chenheart said:

Libby was a strong, smart,
    Libby was a strong, smart, irreverant, brave, funny , wonderful Kindred Spirit. She was only 44 years old, and fought valiantly for 2 years~ beeoming increasingly tired, but never giving up and never losing her fighting spirit. She was a single mom, and leaves behind grown children and grandchildren ( as she herself often said, she "started early")~ and she has a 10 year old daughter Carlie, who was indeed the light and love of her all too short life.

Libby~ what can I tell you about Libby??? She was active on FB, and as I am sure you have read here about the Pink Bus we have to accompany any and all of us to our appointments? Somewhere along the line, the topic of Easter Peeps came up and it was all things Peeps! We found pix of cars decorated with Peeps,( which then took Libby to her appointments!)it digressed to silliness about nuking Peeps in microwave ovens, and just over the top hilarity...you know the kind of things which make no sense on their own, but are so funny nonetheless! There are uncountable zillions of Peep themed pix on the Internet! One crazier than the other, and they provided untold joy! Dont ask why! They just did!

Libby and I were polar opposites on the political spectrum, and we had good-natured bantering taking turns "bashing" each others bad taste in political parties. Never mean-spirited, but spirited!

Libby made fast friends with both ShyViolet and Jean~ Libby took her kids to Disneyland and met ShyV~ though the weather and both of their health concerns were not very positive. They connected in a forever kind of way....Jean was also a special friend following the ornament exchange, and they too kept in regular touch and held a special connection which will transcend this tragedy...

I will always remember Libby's fierce determination to be the BEST mom ever, and I know she achieved that goal~ just not long enough.

That is only scratching the surface about our PinkFlutterBy...but I hope it helps put a person to the username...

Today are her services~ I will be lighting another candle not just in her memory, but to honor and love and respect a true Kindred Spirit who has left us far too soon. She was a true light in what can be a dark place...

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen,
    You've done it again - so eloquently expressed yourself and given a beautiful picture of our Pinkflutterby. Thank you!
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    What I Remember about Libby
    I didn't know Libby all that long either, but what I do remember is her GREAT sense of Humor! Even in the darkest times of her life, she managed to come up with some funnies that had you rolling. I remember once, on FB, when she was in the hospital and didn't have an appetite. Claimed all food tasted like "bland dirt." She had aura about her that drew people and made them feel welcomed. She fought hard and gave it her all.

God bless Libby and her beloved Family.
    Ines
  • Nana C.
    Nana C. Member Posts: 108
    Options

What I Remember about Libby
    I didn't know Libby all that long either, but what I do remember is her GREAT sense of Humor! Even in the darkest times of her life, she managed to come up with some funnies that had you rolling. I remember once, on FB, when she was in the hospital and didn't have an appetite. Claimed all food tasted like "bland dirt." She had aura about her that drew people and made them feel welcomed. She fought hard and gave it her all.

God bless Libby and her beloved Family.
    Ines

Thank you all so much!
    I appreciate all the wonderful things you shared with me about Libby. As I suspected, I am sure that I would have loved her very much, like the rest of you. I too remember the first person who reached out to me the first time I posted, Thank you Linda. (I guess it was a coinsidence that Linda was the first to respond to me today too!) Now that I have made my first real connection I will be able to post openly instead of just praying in silence. I think I might have find a place I feel like a belong after a long journey.

Prayers and Hugs to you all!
  • chenheart
    Options
    Nana C. said:

Thank you all so much!
    I appreciate all the wonderful things you shared with me about Libby. As I suspected, I am sure that I would have loved her very much, like the rest of you. I too remember the first person who reached out to me the first time I posted, Thank you Linda. (I guess it was a coinsidence that Linda was the first to respond to me today too!) Now that I have made my first real connection I will be able to post openly instead of just praying in silence. I think I might have find a place I feel like a belong after a long journey.

Prayers and Hugs to you all!

I am so happy that you
    I am so happy that you finally know that you are indeed a Kindred Spirit, and you can post and be an integral part of the most amazing family of women you wished you had never met! Which is fine...we never wanted to meet you here either!

That having been said...welcome to the family! You will not find anyone like us anywhere but here~ and you will be surprised and delighted at the connections you make .

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options

Libby was a Texan who loved
    Libby was a Texan who loved her family and local football (also the Dallas Cowboys ;-). She had a great sense of humor that shone through even during her final weeks. I don't think I realized how close she was to the end, because she was in amazing spirits for someone so very ill. Her strength, her courage, her grace and her Texas humor will be sorely missed.

Libby was a Texan...
    You sure nailed that one, CC.

I was just trying (and having a tough time) trying to describe Libby to some friends here. It finally came to me: "You have to understand that Libby was a Texan..." It was as if God decided the world needed another crazy Texas lady... and Libby was born. You could almost imagine God saying "Heh... I really outdid Myself with that one."

So many here have already shared so much that there's really nothing I could add. But I need to mention that one cold spring evening a lonely widower from Missouri came home to find a box on his porch crammed with Peeps and Easter cookies decorated as only Libby would decorate Easter cookies. The box's contents lasted a little more than a day. But the idea that Libby, fighting what she had to fight every single day, took the time out to do something so wonderful for me... well, that has continued to warm my heart ever since. That is how to live a life.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Something else comes to mind about Libby.
    Oh, something else came to mind. Libby was genuine, unpretentious, honest, and had a tremendous funny bone. She loved her family dearly and was brave.