Donations in Memory of Libby

Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
I heard back from Libby's sister. One of the things I asked her was if they had set up a trust fund for Carlie. Here is her response:

We have not set up a trust fund for Carlie, but have decided if anyone wants to make a donation in memory of Libby, that we would like them to go to Cancer Care Services, 623 S. Henderson, Ft Worth, TX 76104. 817-921-0654. They did many wonderful things for Libby and Carlie. They paid for meds Libby couldn't, loaned her med equip and offered counseling and summer camp for Carlie, and I believe they are non profit.

----------------
I looked and found a website www.cancercareservices.org
You can go on-line and make a donation. Her sister said that they would prefer us to do this instead of flowers.

Libby was the name the Chenheart sent me last year when we did our ornament exchange. Since then I became really close to her and didn't stop at the Christmas ornament. I would send her and Carlie goodie boxes for Valentines Day, Easter, and whenever I found things I thought they would like. I sent her a lot of cards too, just to let her know I was thinking about her. We exchanged personal information (that's how I had her sisters contact info), were friends on Facebook & would text back and forth. Although I am so sad for our loss (tears flowing now) I am so glad that I got to know her, even if we never met in person. (Sorry for the long post, just needed to get it out).

xoxo,
Jean

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Thank you Jean
    I just came from work and was looking for your post. Thank you very much. We will respect her family wishes. Thank you for being a very caring friend and sister.
    Hugs
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Jean
    I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, and our dear sister, Libby. Thank you for helping us to know what to do to honor her.

Sue
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Jean,
    I went to the site and

Jean,
    I went to the site and it was so easy to make an online donation! It even lets you know just what your donation will pay for~ as it took care of our Libby and her darling Carlie, I was honored to pay tribute to the sweet, and forever in my heart, PinkFlutterby. Thank you Jean for making it availabe to us.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    chenheart said:

Jean,
    I went to the site and

Jean,
    I went to the site and it was so easy to make an online donation! It even lets you know just what your donation will pay for~ as it took care of our Libby and her darling Carlie, I was honored to pay tribute to the sweet, and forever in my heart, PinkFlutterby. Thank you Jean for making it availabe to us.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

I am so very sorry Jean for
    I am so very sorry Jean for the loss of your dear friend Libby. Thank you for letting us know what we can do. I will make a donation since it is the families wishes and be very happy to help to honor Libby's memory.

Sue :(
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Thank you Jean for the
    Thank you Jean for the information. I went to the site this morning and it was as easy as Chen said it would be. I was able to make a donation before I even had my coffee.
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Jean...
    You were a very good friend to Libby...I know she appreciated all your gestures of kindness towards her and Carlie.

Thanks for keeping us all updated. I know how hard these last few weeks have been for you.

Love you,

Patti
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    pattimc said:

Jean...
    You were a very good friend to Libby...I know she appreciated all your gestures of kindness towards her and Carlie.

Thanks for keeping us all updated. I know how hard these last few weeks have been for you.

Love you,

Patti

How lucky you were Jean to
    How lucky you were Jean to know Libby so well. She was a true warrior, a pink sister that will be missed by everyone. Thanks for all you've done. I will make my donation.

Hugs, Debby
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Jean....
    We knew that you were a very good friend to Libby, even though you were quiet about it. And I know how much you are hurting right now. Your concern for Carlie and the rest of Libby's family speaks volumes about how close you were.
    Though your heart is breaking, please be comforted by the fact that you and Libby had the opportunity to share your lives with each other and form that special bond.
    You are a dear friend.....

Cindy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    sbmly53 said:

Jean
    I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, and our dear sister, Libby. Thank you for helping us to know what to do to honor her.

Sue

Thanks Jean! I wanted to do
    Thanks Jean! I wanted to do something for Libby and now I can.

Hugs, Angie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Thank you Jean for the
    Thank you Jean for the information. I went to the site this morning and it was as easy as Chen said it would be. I was able to make a donation before I even had my coffee.

I'm so sorry that you lost
    I'm so sorry that you lost your friend Jean. Praying for you and Libby's family.

Hugs, Leeza
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Libby
    Jean, you were a true friend to Libby and though I know your heart is filled with grief, I'm hoping the fun times we all had on Facebook will forever remain in your memory. From the pink bus to the amazing headless peeps....and don't forget the ones she nuked, these are all treasured memories that will remain in your heart. I know that though Libby is no longer with us, she will always remain in our hearts. Hugs dear friend and thank you for all you've done. It is an honor to call you my friend. Love you, Lili
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Thank you Jean
    I just came from work and was looking for your post. Thank you very much. We will respect her family wishes. Thank you for being a very caring friend and sister.
    Hugs

Thanks Jean for helping us
    Thanks Jean for helping us to do something for Libby. So sorry for your loss

Hugs,

Jan
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Thank you Jean
    for posting the site where we can make donations. I will do that tomorrow. Reading how you got to know Libby because of the ornament exchange made me realize how I wish I had continued to do just that. I'll be meeting Babette (Waffle 8) in Hershey. She was who I sent an ornament to. Janelle (Ballgame ??) had my name. We each told a bit about ourselves but never really got to know one another. I'm hoping to remedy that.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Thanks~
    Thanks Jean for the info. Going there next to make a donation. I'm so sad for your loss, but she was so lucky to have you as true friend. I'm sure she's smiling down on you now.

Hugs,
    Debi
  • Brooklynchele
    Brooklynchele Member Posts: 123
    I did too Jean
    I didn't really talk about it but you know that's how I am. I didn't participate in the ornament exchange but I also sent Libby care packages and cards over the past year or so. We wrote back and forth on email and texts and had even talked about me flying down there. Sadly I never got the chance to. It has been very difficult for me to lose Libby as a friend. I felt a special connection with her since we were the same age, had the same type of initial cancer, and had the same occupation. Perhaps because I related so much to her it really hit home for me. I don't know. It's getting difficult to type now though. I know you were a great friend to Libby and to Carlie. Thanks for being the voice here that I wasn't able to be.
    Hugs to you my dear friend,
    Michele
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I did too Jean
    I didn't really talk about it but you know that's how I am. I didn't participate in the ornament exchange but I also sent Libby care packages and cards over the past year or so. We wrote back and forth on email and texts and had even talked about me flying down there. Sadly I never got the chance to. It has been very difficult for me to lose Libby as a friend. I felt a special connection with her since we were the same age, had the same type of initial cancer, and had the same occupation. Perhaps because I related so much to her it really hit home for me. I don't know. It's getting difficult to type now though. I know you were a great friend to Libby and to Carlie. Thanks for being the voice here that I wasn't able to be.
    Hugs to you my dear friend,
    Michele

Jean .. Thank you for providing such a loving, caring
    and warm friendship to Libby and her daughter. Amazing how special friends come into our lives -- when we least expect it.

It is most difficult, and heart breaking to lose a Sister to breast cancer -- no matter what the circumstances.

Breaks my heart that 110 Women die daily from breast cancer. Stats that I would expect to see published in 1970's, not 2011.

Jean, be kind to yourself -- grieve, remember, then celebrated the life of Libby.

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    VickiSam said:

and warm friendship to Libby and her daughter. Amazing how special friends come into our lives -- when we least expect it.

It is most difficult, and heart breaking to lose a Sister to breast cancer -- no matter what the circumstances.

Breaks my heart that 110 Women die daily from breast cancer. Stats that I would expect to see published in 1970's, not 2011.

Jean, be kind to yourself -- grieve, remember, then celebrated the life of Libby.

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam

Thanks, Jean, for sharing this info
    I was out of touch for a few days and was really shocked when I got home. Libby will be missed and I know your heart is heavy. Prayers for peace to all.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    debi.18 said:

Thanks~
    Thanks Jean for the info. Going there next to make a donation. I'm so sad for your loss, but she was so lucky to have you as true friend. I'm sure she's smiling down on you now.

Hugs,
    Debi

Thank you Jean for sharing
    Thank you Jean for sharing this about Libby. I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs,

Kylez
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    CR1954 said:

Jean....
    We knew that you were a very good friend to Libby, even though you were quiet about it. And I know how much you are hurting right now. Your concern for Carlie and the rest of Libby's family speaks volumes about how close you were.
    Though your heart is breaking, please be comforted by the fact that you and Libby had the opportunity to share your lives with each other and form that special bond.
    You are a dear friend.....

Cindy

I will be making my donation
    I will be making my donation for Libby. I am so sorry at your loss.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    VickiSam said:

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam

This was a shock to find out
    This was a shock to find out that Libby had passed. I am so sorry Jean.

I will be making my donation now. Thanks for all you've posted for us.

Hugs, Diane