Got my chair today!

camul
camul Member Posts: 2,537
As hard as it is to imagine using a chair, at the same time I am thrilled to have it! It is a jazzy go-chair, blue, and it breaks down really easily into 4 parts so it will fit perfectly in the back of my CRV. I was very worried about how I would be able to get around with it, but it is so compact.

Did find out though that the apartments that I moved into have only 3 handicapped access points and they are completely on the other side of the complex:( But I will make it work so I can at least get out and enjoy the great fall weather that we are having... 75 - 80. So this is all good.

On a 4 week break from chemo, then repeat all the scans and will have to most likely restart after. Was very scared at first to take the break, was sure that the cancer would grow like wildfire, but now am warming up to the idea of giving my body a chance to recharge. It has been 9 months with chemo 3x a month. Get XGeva tomorrow, then only a flush in 3 weeks, then tests, then most likely will start the chemo again!

So will take advantage and go to San Diego to spend time with 4 of my sisters. Nervous but very excited.

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    YOU GO GIRL!
    I'm so happy that your ,"jazzy" chair has finally arrived! It's about time! Go and spend time with your sisters and enjoy...you deserve iit!

Hugs, Nancy
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    MAJW said:

YOU GO GIRL!
    I'm so happy that your ,"jazzy" chair has finally arrived! It's about time! Go and spend time with your sisters and enjoy...you deserve iit!

Hugs, Nancy

Awesome
    Enjoy your "jazzy" chair..now don't go crazy with it and do wheelie with it...LOL...I hope you have a wonderful time with your sister...I'm sure its much needed

Lots of Hugs
    Eva
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I hope you
    enjoy your trip to San Diego to visit with your sisters. Congrats on getting your "jazzy" chair. Have fun!
    {{hugs}} Char
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    cahjah75 said:

I hope you
    enjoy your trip to San Diego to visit with your sisters. Congrats on getting your "jazzy" chair. Have fun!
    {{hugs}} Char

Oh, I am so happy for you.
    Oh, I am so happy for you. Finally. I hope it opens up a lot more
    you will be able to do. How wonderful to have 4 sisters close
    enough to visit. Enjoy your chemo break and the crisp Fall weather.

Luv, Teresa
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    It is great
    that you were finally able to get your "jazzy" chair. And it is even better that you are going to spend some time with you sisters. Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Have a wonderful time in San
    Have a wonderful time in San Diego!
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Oh, I do see some chair
    Oh, I do see some chair races in your future...That break and a trip to San Diego sound like they will be very good for you. I''' be looking for your posts about your visit with your sisters.

Hugs,

Linda
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    oooh!
    The lady is mobile now. Will she create mischeif or not?
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806

oooh!
    The lady is mobile now. Will she create mischeif or not?

So glad
    So glad you got your chair and that it combined with a break in treatment allows you to visit with family.

Praying that your scans will show only good news and that the break restores not only your body but your spirit as well.

marge
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    cahjah75 said:

I hope you
    {{hugs}} Char

So glad you got it! Enjoy
    So glad you got it! Enjoy it!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    cahjah75 said:

I hope you
    {{hugs}} Char

Yippee! So glad you finally
    Yippee! So glad you finally got your chair!

Hugs, Jan
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377

So glad
    So glad you got your chair and that it combined with a break in treatment allows you to visit with family.

Praying that your scans will show only good news and that the break restores not only your body but your spirit as well.

marge

If you want to make a pitstop here in Bloomington, we can take the grand tour of the old neighborhoods (in Upland and Ontario)!!! lol =)

Glad to hear your 'mobile' now!

(((Hugs)))
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    mamolady said:

Have a wonderful time in San
    Have a wonderful time in San Diego!

Have a great time in San
    Have a great time in San Diego and congrats on your new chair!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    jendrey said:

If you want to make a pitstop here in Bloomington, we can take the grand tour of the old neighborhoods (in Upland and Ontario)!!! lol =)

Glad to hear your 'mobile' now!

(((Hugs)))

Carol ..
    Happy to hear that your 'jazzy' blue chair finally arrived! Watch out Utah and California, here you come =)

Resting your body after 9 months of continuous chemo -- and vacationing with 4 of your Sisters - sounds, magically. Enjoy your trip and vacation.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    VickiSam said:

Carol ..
    Happy to hear that your 'jazzy' blue chair finally arrived! Watch out Utah and California, here you come =)

Resting your body after 9 months of continuous chemo -- and vacationing with 4 of your Sisters - sounds, magically. Enjoy your trip and vacation.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Thanks everyone,
    Funny this is such a big deal in my little reality. Jendry, on this trip, I have no plans on hitting the Inland Empire, but it sure would be fun to meet you! This trip is just to hang with my sisters, and I am thinking that we may end up in Coronado. Have been looking at the Del, but that is like 3 weeks of groceries per night! lol. And we need 2 rooms, as 2 of us really snore, laugh.

I will even take pictures and post them (when I figure that one out, yes I was cpe tech support for the last 12 years and sometimes I just can't figure anything out anymore!).

But is is comforting knowing that I can now go shopping with them, and we are going to Balboa Prado to check out the venue for my niece's wedding. Can't wait!

Carol
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    camul said:

Thanks everyone,
    Funny this is such a big deal in my little reality. Jendry, on this trip, I have no plans on hitting the Inland Empire, but it sure would be fun to meet you! This trip is just to hang with my sisters, and I am thinking that we may end up in Coronado. Have been looking at the Del, but that is like 3 weeks of groceries per night! lol. And we need 2 rooms, as 2 of us really snore, laugh.

I will even take pictures and post them (when I figure that one out, yes I was cpe tech support for the last 12 years and sometimes I just can't figure anything out anymore!).

But is is comforting knowing that I can now go shopping with them, and we are going to Balboa Prado to check out the venue for my niece's wedding. Can't wait!

Carol

WOW! Wheels!
    Just like when you got your driver's license. Watch out world, here comes out pink sister! And she's ready to rock & roll.

Have a Great time with your sisters. And don't forget to raise a little H - - - for all of us.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    skipper54 said:

WOW! Wheels!
    Just like when you got your driver's license. Watch out world, here comes out pink sister! And she's ready to rock & roll.

Have a Great time with your sisters. And don't forget to raise a little H - - - for all of us.

Finally!
    Being able to get around independently is so important. Sorry it took so long to get this ride.

Hope the break in chemo lasts longer than anticipated and your body begins to get strength. The trip to San Diego with your sisters sounds wonderful and so wonderful that you'll be able to make it. Please do post pictures.

Suzanne
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Finally!
    Being able to get around independently is so important. Sorry it took so long to get this ride.

Hope the break in chemo lasts longer than anticipated and your body begins to get strength. The trip to San Diego with your sisters sounds wonderful and so wonderful that you'll be able to make it. Please do post pictures.

Suzanne

Carol
    I am vert glad that you got your chair and you like that it gives you independence. Being outside and enjoying autum colors usually inspirers me.

Trip to San Diego sounds wonderful, Balboa park is my favorite too.
    Hugs
    New Flower