Jevity vs others for peg

Options
2»

Comments

• Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    You know you have too much time when..
    I got curious and I'm building a spreadsheet showing the ingredients, calories, vitamins and minerals etc for each of the nutrition drinks I use to be able to compare them "apples to apples". I also added an area so I can compute how many cans/bottles I need of each to get 1500 and 2000 calories along with the cost to do so.

I need to get a life-being on disability gives me too mush time (especially when wife is out of town for a month)
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Greend said:

You know you have too much time when..
    I got curious and I'm building a spreadsheet showing the ingredients, calories, vitamins and minerals etc for each of the nutrition drinks I use to be able to compare them "apples to apples". I also added an area so I can compute how many cans/bottles I need of each to get 1500 and 2000 calories along with the cost to do so.

I need to get a life-being on disability gives me too mush time (especially when wife is out of town for a month)

Well, at least that is
    Well, at least that is keeping you out of trouble. Saves us from scrounging for bail money for you. :)
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Free? food
    Greend, you might try contacting the Oley foundation (on the web) which maintains a list of products donated by people who no longer need tube feedings. The individual donating the formula keeps it at their home until someone asks for it. You will probably have to pay shipping to your area unless you find tube feeding formula close to home and then you could pick it up yourself. Karen
  • Greend
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Free? food
    Greend, you might try contacting the Oley foundation (on the web) which maintains a list of products donated by people who no longer need tube feedings. The individual donating the formula keeps it at their home until someone asks for it. You will probably have to pay shipping to your area unless you find tube feeding formula close to home and then you could pick it up yourself. Karen

Thanks
    Karen,

Appreciate it, I'm not complaining about the cost, in fact this stuff is much cheaper than when I used to eat out. Just so bored I am looking for things to do I guess. I even color coded my spreadsheet.....learning Excel 2007 over Excel 2003

Thanks,

Denny
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Greend said:

Thanks
    Karen,

Appreciate it, I'm not complaining about the cost, in fact this stuff is much cheaper than when I used to eat out. Just so bored I am looking for things to do I guess. I even color coded my spreadsheet.....learning Excel 2007 over Excel 2003

Thanks,

Denny

Challenge
    It's a challenge.. but 2007 does have some good tutorials on how to do in 2007 what you did in 2003.

JG
  • Greend
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Challenge
    It's a challenge.. but 2007 does have some good tutorials on how to do in 2007 what you did in 2003.

JG

Not like I have something else to do
    I know but that would be waaaaaay too easy. More fun playing and learning.

DG
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Greend said:

DG

Excel
    Give me Excel 2003 over 2007 any day, I hate change (How do you do that again)
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Greend said:

DG

Both
    LOL, on my work machines I have both 2003 and 2007. I have a lot of spreadsheets nad reports that I generate each month.

A lot have custom add-ins and macros from 2003... I had them (IT) put 2003 back on after they updated to 2007 because I didn't have time to learn how all of the new stuff worked (mainly where things were).

But I do like that 2007 allows for much bigger spreadsheets.

I have a modeling software that spits out huge (133+MB) text files. In 2003 they were too big to open as text delimited. But with 2007 I can open them, filter the data and keep on trucking.

JG
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Both
    LOL, on my work machines I have both 2003 and 2007. I have a lot of spreadsheets nad reports that I generate each month.

A lot have custom add-ins and macros from 2003... I had them (IT) put 2003 back on after they updated to 2007 because I didn't have time to learn how all of the new stuff worked (mainly where things were).

But I do like that 2007 allows for much bigger spreadsheets.

I have a modeling software that spits out huge (133+MB) text files. In 2003 they were too big to open as text delimited. But with 2007 I can open them, filter the data and keep on trucking.

JG

Hi John
    I can’t seam to get both to run on one computer so I have two computers; I call it Excel for dummies 1 & 2. What I can't do in 2007 I go back to my 2003 computer and try to remember what I did there and then go look again in 2007. It is not too bad just everyone in the office is always asking me why I have two computers, I tell them it is because I am so fast that just one can't handle the load. Ha ha ha

Hondo
  • amr2662
    amr2662 Member Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Abbot Nutrition Products
    Kent, here you go....

Abbot Nutrition Products lists many products with the specifics...

Jevity 1.5

Ensure Plus

Abbot Nutrition

Best,
    John

Long Term Sole Source
    Abbott appears market Jevity for long-term sole source nutrition and the Ensure for short term sole source nutrition or supplementation.
    A few months on Ensure (or generic equivalent) and you should be fine. If you are doing this forever and as your only source of nutrition you definitely want to check with a dietician to make sure you are getting all the trace elements you require.
    Meredith
  • CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options
    susan0803 said:

TWOCALHN
    I have 1 case left of the TwoCalHn. It is due to expire Sept 2011.

Could ANYONE on this board use it?

I would pay for the shipping.

Please let me know and maybe send me a PM with you address if you are interested in it.

Thanks.
    Suzanne

Oh Baby !!!
    I lived off of Two-Cal for a solid year till I worked myself off the tube. It was 4 cans a day, plus another 4 plastic bottles of Boost Plus poured down the ole tube. That combo really kept my weight stable (that and putting lots of coins in my pockets for weekly weigh-ins...lol). What really turned the tide was obtaining a home usage drip pump that I used at night with 3 cans of diluted Two-Cal each night. An alarm would sound when the bag of Two-Cal was empty. Wish I had some left over for anyone, but I think I turned over what was left to my Parish Cancer Center.

Larry