I did it!!!!

Options
Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
Well I just got home from the nuclear medicine scan and I did it! Took 2 1mg Ativan. Not too bad because my daughter and the 2 nurses kept talking to me to keep my mind off myself. :)
I still have left over goodies from the previous bus trip so ate the on the way. Marge, when I said I needed you to hold my hand, geez I didn't mean squeeze it........I know dear, you were just nervous for me and I thank you.

Vicki Sam, I don't think the doctor appreciated the duct tape on HIS mouth since it was supposed to be for my eyes.
But I got a chuckle out of it because he knew we weren't a crowd to be reckoned with.

One down now surgery date.
Thanks my friends

Comments

• mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Great news
    Great news that it's done and over with. Thanks for the tip on the Ativan, in case I ever need it.

Sorry about squeezing your hand so tightly. Obviously I was more nervous than you (they didn't give us any ativan) : ). Hope I didn't dig a nail in your hand.

Lots of love and hugs.

marge
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Options
    Great news
    News was so great Wanda that I posted twice.

love ya

marge
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Great news
    News was so great Wanda that I posted twice.

love ya

marge

YEAH!
    You did it! So proud of you, Pink Sister! Amazing what a few good drugs will do...the first one I ever had (MRI) I took four low dose Valium, per doctor's orders, in a 90 minute interval...I couldn't have cared if they had chopped off my head...haha...I'm used to them now...

Congrats!
    Hugs, Nancy
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options
    MAJW said:

YEAH!
    You did it! So proud of you, Pink Sister! Amazing what a few good drugs will do...the first one I ever had (MRI) I took four low dose Valium, per doctor's orders, in a 90 minute interval...I couldn't have cared if they had chopped off my head...haha...I'm used to them now...

Congrats!
    Hugs, Nancy

I am so proud of you, I know
    I am so proud of you, I know from reading your previous posts it wasn't easy. See what you can accomplish with a little distraction!! Woohoo.....

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Way to go!! You can now take
    Way to go!! You can now take a deep breath and have some chocolate or pasta or cannollis. (((HUGS)))
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Way to go!! You can now take
    Way to go!! You can now take a deep breath and have some chocolate or pasta or cannollis. (((HUGS)))

Wanda .. Great new -- You did it !!
    Amazing what we can accomplish when we have some many WARRIORS there to support us.

Sorry about the 'duct tape' -- I knew that you were okay = so like a child, I had the overwhelming urge to use it ... As soon as I heard the phase "this is an easy procedure" falling out of your Doctor's mouth, I knew ....he had to be silenced!

I am happy it is over, and you are at home resting.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Amazing what we can accomplish when we have some many WARRIORS there to support us.

Sorry about the 'duct tape' -- I knew that you were okay = so like a child, I had the overwhelming urge to use it ... As soon as I heard the phase "this is an easy procedure" falling out of your Doctor's mouth, I knew ....he had to be silenced!

Vicki Sam

Laughing with you !!!!!
    Laughing with you !!!!! Thanks for making the road a little easier. Natly, the cinnamon rolls were great and I had all of you there with me.
    Maybe we should just use the duct tape for a bumper if it needs repair because next trip it might be a little dangerous!! :)
    Marge, don't worry, my hand is okay.....
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Deep breath!
    It's all over now and you can rest easy. See what a few drugs and a bunch of crazy women dressed in pink can do?! Hope you weren't too embarassed.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Deep breath!
    It's all over now and you can rest easy. See what a few drugs and a bunch of crazy women dressed in pink can do?! Hope you weren't too embarassed.

awesome knew you would do it

awesome knew you would do it
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    You are a
    brave warrior. We pink sisters are stronger than we think. Glad the scan is over.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Now that is a demonstration
    Now that is a demonstration of true bravery! It makes my heart soar.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options

Now that is a demonstration
    Now that is a demonstration of true bravery! It makes my heart soar.

Hugs,

Linda

THANKS!!
    I felt pretty brave :)
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options

THANKS!!
    I felt pretty brave :)

Can I get a Whooo Hoooo?
    You did it! One more hurdle behind you.

:)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Deep breath!

WTG! You did it! Hugs,
    WTG! You did it!

Hugs, Leeza
  • janie560
    janie560 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    I am suppose to have fhis
    I am suppose to have this scan next tuesday. I did not know it would be scary what was it like? Do they put u in one of those tunnel things? They said they were going to inject me with dye then i wait 3 hohrs and come back and then they do it. What do they do?
  • Lighthouse_7
    Options
    janie560 said:

I am suppose to have fhis
    I am suppose to have this scan next tuesday. I did not know it would be scary what was it like? Do they put u in one of those tunnel things? They said they were going to inject me with dye then i wait 3 hohrs and come back and then they do it. What do they do?

It's not bad.
    I just have a big problem with closed spaces. They don't put you in a tunnel so if you don't have my issue, you'll be fine.

You lay down and a flat camera goes over your face (pretty close) for 20 minutes. But I didn't know that they split it up which made it so much easier.

After my injection, I waited half an hour and had one 10 minute session. Then I left for three hours and had another one for 10 minutes.

Believe me, it wasn't as bad as I thought.
    Good luck and if you do have anxiety, ask for some meds to help you through.
    Hugs,
    Wanda