For Marci Madigras

PLease Please Please Marci, do not wait to call UPMC. This is a brutal cancer.
My husband was early stage, had surgury, at an o.k. hospital no chemo radiation was offered and his came back about a yealr later. DO NOT LISTEN to family , friends ETC. Listen to your heart and call a well renouned DR who has done Many of theses surguries.
This is not a cancer to mess around with. Only 5 % of the people who get EC live over 5 years.
I CANNOT stress enough how deadly it is. Dr. Luketich is one of the best in the U.S. and if you have the money do not waste tiems with these drs in Spain. I would get on the first plane how.

My husband Vince would not go anywhere else and he has now passed away from Ec at the age of 63 . I feel that if he had left our area and gone somewhere like UPMC he would be alive today. he was a very healthy 63 year old man who did not drink, smoke and he ran 3-4 times a week.

I am not trying to tell you what to do BUT I guess I am.

Run to the US and get the heck out of Spain before it is too late. Make those plane reservations and go to PITTSBURGH. You will not be sorry.

I only wish my husband had done what you have the opportunity to do.

Good luck and GOD SPEED.

Barb Rizz

Comments

• mardigras
    mardigras Member Posts: 215 Member
    Hello Barb
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
    I have put a call into Dr Luketich and am waiting for a reply from one of his team.
    You see Barb, I don't know what an operation of this type costs. I have some savings and if it's enough, we can go there. I am also looking into the uk again and waiting for a call from a respected surgeon there.
    Rob just wants to start his chemo and soon, as his tumour is so large.
    This waiting game is killing us and he feels that it is hampering his chances.
    I am hoping for a break in the chemo so that we can get a second opinion. I don't feel very comfortable with an op here even though they have been kind enough to fast track Rob.
    I am so sorry that you have lost your husband and that you have regrets.
    I will pray that you can have some happy days.
    God Bless you.
    Hugs
    Marci X