Had to share :0)

Options
So excited to share with everyone that my dad has had a "good" weekend. After some very long months of little (if any) eating, unhealthy weight loss, fatigue, depression and confining himself to the house (other than Dr. and chemo visits)...I am so excited to tell you all about it. This weekend he had not only lunch, but dinner out, at a restaurant, with some out of town family guests...which he actually ATE! He participated in a large family get together on Sunday with his kids, SIL, nephew, wife, all 11 grandchildren, plus a great niece, at his house and actually enjoyed himself. He even looked like he has put a little weight back on. I am hoping that this is the turn in the right direction we have all prayed and prayed for. To have a little glimpse of my dad the way he was before we got "the news" is so wonderful, that I can hardly contain myself. Even my children recognized that grandpa was feeling better. Thanks for letting me share, I came home from his house so over the moon I just had to shout it out!! I've also got to give kuddos to my mom, she's been focusing on the positives and I think it's really making a difference in him. If you read this momma, love ya..... I think our fighter has entered the ring!

Comments

• Ericalynn
    Ericalynn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Excellent News!
    Great News It is nice to hear that your dad is turning the corner and feeling so much better. You posted right after I did and my husband is having a bad day so it is nice to hear that we have good things to look forward to. Keep us posted on how he is doing.
    Erica wife of John
    T3, N1, M0
    MIE surgery 9-9-11
  • GerryS
    GerryS Member Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I can so relate........
    I remember that time in my recovery. Your letter really hit a chord with me. My surgery/chemo was 18 long months ago. You do get better and stronger, thanks to modern medicine, supportive family and friends and lots of prayers! God Bless.........

Gerry
  • BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Options
    Fantastic! It does take
    Fantastic! It does take time. Not a downer, there may be moments of slight regression, but never as bad as it once was and these get fewer and farther apart and are less in intensity. Sure hope he keeps on moving on. :)
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Options
    GLAD you shared!!!!
    I am GLAD you had to share!!!
    We ALL need the good news and stories so much more than the sad.
    We HAVE to share the sad. I am glad you did share!!!!
    Keep up the good support work and GO DAD!
    We will keep the prayers and support coming.

There is NOTHING wrong with good news, progress, and improvement.
    THAT is the goal of every person writing on this board!!!
    I may not get out alive, but hey, none of us will.

I am glad your Dad got some good food and good company. Maybe that was all he needed! Family sometimes drives us crazy, other times makes our day complete! You never know what will help someone turn that corner!

God bless!
    -Eric
  • rdraetta
    rdraetta Member Posts: 20
    Options

GLAD you shared!!!!
    I am GLAD you had to share!!!
    We ALL need the good news and stories so much more than the sad.
    We HAVE to share the sad. I am glad you did share!!!!
    Keep up the good support work and GO DAD!
    We will keep the prayers and support coming.

There is NOTHING wrong with good news, progress, and improvement.
    THAT is the goal of every person writing on this board!!!
    I may not get out alive, but hey, none of us will.

I am glad your Dad got some good food and good company. Maybe that was all he needed! Family sometimes drives us crazy, other times makes our day complete! You never know what will help someone turn that corner!

God bless!
    -Eric

Marina's mom
    HI everyone ,As marina has said AL has taken a turn for the better this week. His head is in a better place ,he even drove his vet for the first time today I pray he keeps up the good work .THanks for all your prayers and well wishes, I know we will still have bad days but for know I am happy that he has turned the corner for the best.
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Hi, Any of us that have been
    Hi, Any of us that have been down the road your dad has can relate. So glad he is feeling better. It's hard for me to look back, starting in Nov. 2007, and remember just how bad it was. Time does make us feel normal again, Even with the side effects Life will be good again.
    Praying each day will continue to get better,
    Sandra
  • rdraetta
    Options
    sandy1943 said:

Hi, Any of us that have been
    Hi, Any of us that have been down the road your dad has can relate. So glad he is feeling better. It's hard for me to look back, starting in Nov. 2007, and remember just how bad it was. Time does make us feel normal again, Even with the side effects Life will be good again.
    Praying each day will continue to get better,
    Sandra

HI everyone
    TOday was a good day for my husband gained 3 lbs when he went to Drs ,but on the down side he could not get his Cemo today for his white count was down .has to go for shots to bring it back up hopefully he will be able to get his cemo next week. He is in much better frame of mind and i do beleave that helps. Prayers for everyone .RD
  • ritawaite13
    ritawaite13 Member Posts: 236
    Options
    Great news
    It's such an uplifting thing for the rest of us out here to hear good news now and then. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Rita
  • rdraetta
    Options

Great news
    It's such an uplifting thing for the rest of us out here to hear good news now and then. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Rita

Cemo
    AL was able to get his cemo today ,his blood work came back ok thank god for he would have been disapointed again if he could not have it. Things are still good so far this week ,like i said baby steps are better then none take care and love and prayers to everyone
    RD
  • lilrusty
    lilrusty Member Posts: 49
    Options
    Love The Sharing
    Your sharing of good news came at such a good time for me. It made me feel like the fight were fighting can be won. May god bless us all with good days. Prayers and Love to all
    Chrissy
  • rdraetta
    Options
    lilrusty said:

Love The Sharing
    Your sharing of good news came at such a good time for me. It made me feel like the fight were fighting can be won. May god bless us all with good days. Prayers and Love to all
    Chrissy

Marina's Mom
    Hi thought everyone would like to here some good news. Al went for his pet scan this tuesday ,we went to the Dr today to get the results and thank god they where good. Tumor has shrunk and the spots on his pelvic are healing ,lungs are good and so is his liver. the nods show improvment so cemo seems to be doing its job. keep the prayers comming as i will pray for everyone also.He has been feeling pretty good and starting to do things around the house . Thanks to all and I will keep u posted as things develope RD
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    rdraetta said:

Marina's Mom
    Hi thought everyone would like to here some good news. Al went for his pet scan this tuesday ,we went to the Dr today to get the results and thank god they where good. Tumor has shrunk and the spots on his pelvic are healing ,lungs are good and so is his liver. the nods show improvment so cemo seems to be doing its job. keep the prayers comming as i will pray for everyone also.He has been feeling pretty good and starting to do things around the house . Thanks to all and I will keep u posted as things develope RD

So glad to know the test
    So glad to know the test showed improvement. Still Praying,
    Sandra
  • unclaw2002
    unclaw2002 Member Posts: 599
    Options
    Such great news. This
    Such great news. This cancer really puts the important things into perspective for us. Glad your dad is feeling better. Praying for more good days.

Best,
    Cindy
  • rdraetta
    Options

Such great news. This
    Such great news. This cancer really puts the important things into perspective for us. Glad your dad is feeling better. Praying for more good days.

Best,
    Cindy

Thanks
    I am so lucky that Marina found this site, it has been a big help to me .It has gotten me through some pretty rough times and i know that it is not all good but baby steps is all i ask for. right know things look good so i will take it. Prayers for all RD
  • jojoshort
    jojoshort Member Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    rdraetta said:

Marina's Mom

Great to hear the news
    Upbeat indeed. Thanks for posting great news. You must be so happy to have the good reports. Keep 'em coming
    Jo-Ann