A rare bit of good news to share: CA125 dropped 9,309 points in last month.

I'm weird about CA125. Once mine went up into the thousands, I refused to worry about it. But when I get a big drop, I DO celebrate it, because good news related to my disease progression has been pretty darn rare for me this past year of my cancer journey. So I had to share this, even though I just don't know what it means. My CA125 is still a ridiculous 2042, but down from 11,351 a month ago! That drop will mean more, of course, if it keeps dropping.

My CA125 was over 8,000 on the lab draw they took just before they did the radioembolism of my the RIGHT side of my liver June 1st. On July 15th I had new labs and my CA125 dropped down in the 2,000's, and I took that as a good sign that the radioembolism was helping. Then the pre-surgery labs I had on August 26th showed that my CA125 had jumped up to over 11,000, most likely due to further disease progression in the LEFT side of my liver. I had the left side radioembolized that day, and again my CA125 has taken a solid drop. I want to believe that I am getting my liver mets under control now. I BETTER be since my liver seemed determined to kill me last winter!!

On October 3rd I'll be having a CT/PET to see what the rest of my body has been up to during the 5-month chemo break I took to have the 3 radioembolism surgeries/treatments this spring and summer. I guess that scan will tell the tale. We have to ignore the liver on the scan results, as it will be a white blaze this soon after the radioactivity. We just want to look at the malignant nodes under my arm and para-aortic region (which looked stable & normal-sized on my mid-July CT-scan) and see if anything new has popped up. I've been on tamoxifen/megace for the past 17 weeks and hope that's been able to hold me stable. But I'll know more the 1st week of October.

In the meantime, I'm going to celebrate this little bit of good news and my family gets a couple of weeks to feel relaxed and happy and hopeful. & THAT's always worth celebrating!

Comments

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    A celebration for sure
    I am so happy for you. You are a true fighter and deserve some good news. Breathe easy now and enjoy fall. Here in Upstate New York the leaves are turning and a little cool but oh so beautiful. ..val
  • MK_4Dani
    MK_4Dani Member Posts: 314
    WOOT WOOT
    Great news! You deserve it - celebrate, happy dance!
    Mary
  • norma2
    norma2 Member Posts: 479
    Soooo very glad to read this great news!!!
    I am so glad to read your good news, Linda. Cyberdancing to celebrate!!! Norma
  • clamryn
    clamryn Member Posts: 508
    That is wonderful
    Linda I am so excited. I think I am excited as much as you. I have been wondering about you and hoping for good news. And we got it. Hurray. Celebrate celebrate celebrate.

((((hugs))))
  • Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Amazing
    What a roller coaster ride. But at least you are on the downhill side. Congratulations!
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Linda, I am over the moon
    Linda, I am over the moon with joy! Such great news!

Carlene
  • carolyn45
    carolyn45 Member Posts: 100
    Yipee!!
    Such a dramatic drop is INDEED cause to celebrate! You are demonstrating SUCH courage and determination, and it's truly an inspiration to me. You will be in my prayers for sure. Carolyn
  • djinco
    djinco Member Posts: 87
    Happy for you!
    Linda, I am very excited about your good news. You've been on my prayer list lately. Wow, do the "Happy Dance."
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Wonderful news!
    Linda, I'm celebrating with you too! THanks for sharing this with us.
    kathleen
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    kayandok said:

Wonderful news!
    Linda, I'm celebrating with you too! THanks for sharing this with us.
    kathleen

This is great news, LInda
    You are a valiant warrior and have a wonderful spirit. Please do celebrate as we all should whenever we get good news on this journey. I am glad you shared so we can all be part of your joy.

Karen
  • antcat
    antcat Member Posts: 270
    Congratulation Linda
    It's always great to hear good news about the CA 125. I hope yours continues to go down.
  • Barneygirl
    Barneygirl Member Posts: 90
    Hi Linda-
    This is wonderful,

Hi Linda-

This is wonderful, fantastic news!!
  • carolenk
    carolenk Member Posts: 907 Member

Hi Linda-
    This is wonderful,

Hi Linda-

This is wonderful, fantastic news!!

Celebration time
    Dear Linda

Such good news! I know that you know how to celebrate good news.

(((hugs)))

Carolen
  • AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
    I am doing the happy dance
    I am doing the happy dance for you. I don't really understand the ca125 thing also but I know when mine went down to 14 it made my doctors all very happy. I hope your numbers continue to go down and you go into remission soon.

Anne
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Oh, what wonderful news!
    and celebrate we will. I'm so very happy that you are getting such terrific results!
    (((YIPPPPEEE!!!))) Maria
  • EnglishGal
    EnglishGal Member Posts: 101
    Mwee said:

Oh, what wonderful news!
    and celebrate we will. I'm so very happy that you are getting such terrific results!
    (((YIPPPPEEE!!!))) Maria

thanks for sharing
    This is absolutely terrific news!
  • jbeans888
    jbeans888 Member Posts: 313
    You a true teal warrior.
    You a true teal warrior. Awesome news for sure. Enjoy the few week relaxation time
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    YAY!
    AND DOUBLE YAY! Very good reason to celebrate! Count it all JOY!

(((HUGS)))
    Monika
  • Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Sweet, I hope the trend
    Sweet, I hope the trend continues. :)
  • debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    update
    That is great news Linda! Always celebrate the small victories! Those c125's are designed to scare you to death. I freeked out when mine jumped to 17...until they told me they were using a new lab that used a new "protocal" for the numbers. On this new scale 0-35 is normal and after that they do mri's or ct's. Hope all goes well for you...I just don't know how you stay so "up". Debrajo