Drug Shortages

Options
AngieD
AngieD Member Posts: 493
As if people with cancer and/or needing surgery don't have enough to deal with, here's a news item from today:
http://tinyurl.com/3ml4gpx

My daughter is a pharmacist at a major university hospital and has been talking about this for quite a while. In her area, currently the anesthesia drug shortages have been worse than the chemo shortages.

Angie

Comments

• sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Hi, Exprienced the drug
    Hi, Exprienced the drug shortage this week, when I took a friend to the hospital. She has severe migrain headaches and the only thing that helps is a shot. She was told they had been out of the medicine for over a month and had no idea when they would get more. They were able to mix up something else, but it's not nearly as effective.
    I saw a report on TV this morning. It's bad when the drugs that save lives are not being made. I live in America and t's hard for me to understand this. Our government DOES need to take action and address this issue Now!
    Sandra
  • mrsbotch
    mrsbotch Member Posts: 349
    Options
    sandy1943 said:

Hi, Exprienced the drug
    Hi, Exprienced the drug shortage this week, when I took a friend to the hospital. She has severe migrain headaches and the only thing that helps is a shot. She was told they had been out of the medicine for over a month and had no idea when they would get more. They were able to mix up something else, but it's not nearly as effective.
    I saw a report on TV this morning. It's bad when the drugs that save lives are not being made. I live in America and t's hard for me to understand this. Our government DOES need to take action and address this issue Now!
    Sandra

Amen to that. What the heck
    Amen to that. What the heck is our government doing??????