AGAIN, I AM SO DISAPPOINTED :(

Options
Annette 11
Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
HI EVERYONE. TRYING TO MOVE ON BUT THIS WBC KEEPS DISAPPOINTING ME.
I TOOK A BLOOD TEST LAST MONTH...THE WHITE BLOOD COUNT WAS 2.9. TODAY,(1 MONTH LATER IT IS 2.8) NUTRIPHILS (ANC) ARE 1.3 SAME AS LAST MONTH. THE LOWEST RANGE (ANC) SHOULD BE 1.6 SO THAT IS ONLY OFF ALITTLE.
NOVEMBER 15TH. WILL BE 1 YEAR SINCE MY LAST CHEMO. I KNOW IT COULD TAKE UP TO 1 YEAR TO GET BACK TO NORMAL BUT YOU WOULD THINK WE WOULD SEE IT GOING UP GRADUALLY. IS THIS GOING ON TOO LONG?? ONC. MENTION A BONE MARROW TEST IF IT DOES NOT RISE IN 3 MORE MONTHS. TUMOR MARKERS WERE GOOD THOUGH.
I KNOW SOME OF YOU LADIES HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH THE WBC NOT COMING BACK BUT HAS IT TAKEN THIS LONG????? AS OF THIS MONTH I AM 10 MONTHS POST CHEMO. SHOULD I BE WORRIED? I EAT SO HEALTHY AND TAKE VIT.B'S AND ZINC, ETC. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO. IF YOU ARE POST CHEMO AND HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME GETTING THE WBC BACK, PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR NUMBER, IF YOU KNOW IT AND HOW LONG IT'S BEEN LINGERING THERE. OTHER THAN THAT I FEEL VERY WELL.
AS ALWAYS THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT. IT IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED.
HUGS,
ANNETTE

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I was just reading about how
    I was just reading about how some ladies didn't get back to normal wbc for 2 years and more. take a look I hope this helps Take care darlin Kay

http://www.cancerrd.com/FAQs/FAQ49.htm
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Annette--I have had similar issues
    I finished chemo in May '10 and rads in August '10. My WBC continues to be low. When I went to my onc. 4 months ago the WBC was 3.3, last week for my 4-month check, it was 3.4--still low. I didn't ask what my neutrophils were. Right after chemo, it pretty much stayed in the 2.5-2.8 range. She just said we will continue to monitor it, but doesn't seem unduly concerned at this point in time.

I'm so tired of worrying about things--aren't you?! I will go back in January for a recheck. I think the only things we can do are take our vitamins, eat well, exercise--whatever boosts the immune system. Like you, for the most part, I feel pretty well. Some days, though I do still suffer from fatigue.

Try not to stress over it--the stress can't be helpful. I think we're both going to be okay!

Hugs, Renee
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Annette--I have had similar issues
    I finished chemo in May '10 and rads in August '10. My WBC continues to be low. When I went to my onc. 4 months ago the WBC was 3.3, last week for my 4-month check, it was 3.4--still low. I didn't ask what my neutrophils were. Right after chemo, it pretty much stayed in the 2.5-2.8 range. She just said we will continue to monitor it, but doesn't seem unduly concerned at this point in time.

I'm so tired of worrying about things--aren't you?! I will go back in January for a recheck. I think the only things we can do are take our vitamins, eat well, exercise--whatever boosts the immune system. Like you, for the most part, I feel pretty well. Some days, though I do still suffer from fatigue.

Try not to stress over it--the stress can't be helpful. I think we're both going to be okay!

Hugs, Renee

Thank you, Kay
    I just went to that site and read the article--very interesting. Annette-that makes me feel a little better. Now we have to eat a ton of protein!

Hugs, Renee