Neck dissection coming

Options
Hi everyone,

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but all is well. Had my first post treatment and yep, false positives....
My ENT surgeon wants to go ahead and take out the involved lymphnodes on my right side of neck. So here we go on 6 October. Everyone has said that this is nothing compared to the tonsillectomy/BOT excission. I will pray for that.

I will keep you guys posted as things go on.

Thoughts and prayers to you all,

Mike

Comments

• Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Do Well
    I'm with the others - the dissection pain was really mild, especially when compared to the tonsillectomy. Hope yours goes smoothly.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike
    Yep just as well get it done so you don’t have problems later. As always my friend will keep you in pray for Oct 6th.

Hondo
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Praying that all goes
    Praying that all goes well.

Debbie
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Updated Photo...
    Thoughts and Prayers trooper.....

Nice new photo BTW.

Best,
    John
  • KTeacher
    KTeacher Member Posts: 1,103
    Options
    Tender for a while.
    Tender for a while. Surprised at the healing. I had my neck dissection on July 22, expected a lot more swelling. How far do you have to drive from the hospital to home. You might want to make sure you have pillows to rest your arm on, road motion was not wonderful. I had a 2 1/2 hour ride. A big thanks to Pam for posting the picture. She has healed very well, the first few days you would not think so.
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Mike
    Love the new photo! Gorgeous. As well as you did through treatment and with your recovery so far, I'm sure you will do well. Will keep you in prayer.
  • Husker Fan
    Husker Fan Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Stretch stretch stretch!
    Mike,

You will do great! As Pam says, the tonsillectomy was by far worst then the neck dissection. It gives you a really nice scar to talk about, and you will need to do some stretching of your neck and shoulder. I had mine August 29th. Radiation starts this Wednesday.

Prayers to you

David