ALL DONE!!!!!

Options
pokrydi
pokrydi Member Posts: 99
This nightmare starting last dec and on Aug 25th my 50th bday I had my last radiation!!! My hair is about 1/4 inch long. ???? for anyone my legs and fingers ache so bad by the night time it hurts to walk my legs hurt so bad any suggestions?? Oncology doc appt on mon

Comments

• skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Great milestone!

I can't offer much on the aches 'cause I didn't have that problem but you should definately bring it to you drs attention. I often took Tylenol PM during treatment just to help me sleep. Have you tried something like that? You need to ask first of course. Let us know what you hear on Monday.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Congratulations!
    Great milestone!

I can't offer much on the aches 'cause I didn't have that problem but you should definately bring it to you drs attention. I often took Tylenol PM during treatment just to help me sleep. Have you tried something like that? You need to ask first of course. Let us know what you hear on Monday.

First of all, Congratulations!!!
    You may want to try massaging your achy muscles in legs,hands and fingers, gentle stretching and any type of movement.

As suggested, please contact your doctor and see what he/she recommends.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Options
    Congrats!
    I love these happy milestones!

I agree with the others, contact your doc regarding your pains, no need to suffer.

Yipee, you are done!

Jennifer
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    YAY!
    Congrats on finishing rads! Celebrate! :)

I had some of those pains on and off but they went away. I think should mention to your Dr.
  • RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Aches and Pains
    Yes, I had the same. When I tried to get out of bed felt like I was going to fall over and took me ages to get going. Aching fingers in one hand and just generally. Kind of felt like a hangover. Has now finally nearly gone my last chemo was last November. One the other hand at my age you get a lot of this stuff happening. My oncol once said we blame everything on Tamoxifen, I still feel we know how we feel better than anyone else. Did not have radiation. Bilateral.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    YAY!
    it's good to hear your finished! The legs and fingers bothered me for a while afterwards and occassionally still does. It lessens with time.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    VickiSam said:

First of all, Congratulations!!!
    You may want to try massaging your achy muscles in legs,hands and fingers, gentle stretching and any type of movement.

As suggested, please contact your doctor and see what he/she recommends.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Just
    want to add my really big congrats to you! WTG!!!
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

YAY!
    it's good to hear your finished! The legs and fingers bothered me for a while afterwards and occassionally still does. It lessens with time.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Congratulations!!!
    You're a Rad Grad!!! Yay!!!

Sorry to hear of your pains. I'm going through Rad now ... almost halfway through. I notice my heel is sore on my left foot after sitting for a while. I'm not sure if it's a SE or just age. Otherwise all is good thus far. Looking forward to reaching the milestone you've accomplished. Im going to speak with my Radiologist about my sore heel. I concur with others that recommend you talk with your doc about the pains.

Wishing You all the best on your journey!!!

Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

YAY!

Hugs,

Sylvia

Congratulations to you!

Congratulations to you!
  • catowner
    catowner Member Posts: 50
    Options
    congratulations
    Good to hear when someone is finished with treatment, I just going be starting Oct 13th with chemo. I hope your legs and fingers get better! Best of luck to you:)
  • Penny67
    Penny67 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    catowner said:

congratulations
    Good to hear when someone is finished with treatment, I just going be starting Oct 13th with chemo. I hope your legs and fingers get better! Best of luck to you:)

So happy for you!
    I love to read about people finishing their treatment because it helps me to see the light at the end of the tunnel! What an amazing feeling you must have. I am trying to think what I am going to do with my family to celebrate the end of my treatment and hopefully the all clear sign. Maybe a trip out west to be swept away by nature's beauty...
  • janie560
    janie560 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Did u have chemo also? Is
    Did u have chemo also? Is that why the hair loss and feet pain?
  • janie560
    janie560 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Did u have chemo also? Is
    Did u have chemo also? Is that why the hair loss and feet pain?
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

Congrats!
    I love these happy milestones!

I agree with the others, contact your doc regarding your pains, no need to suffer.

Yipee, you are done!

Jennifer

Congrats rad grad!

Congrats rad grad!