Taxotere and Carbo it is!

Options
I've been wondering what my chemo regime will be for my 2nd recurrence and the winner is- Taxotere and Carbo. He also said I could do Taxotere and Cisplatin, but the Cisplatin seems to be harsher. Will start treatment next week and every 3-4 weeks there after. Doc feels this will put me in remission as it has worked twice before and it's been 5 years.
I guess it's time to go wig shopping!

Comments

• AnneBehymer
    AnneBehymer Member Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    prays
    I will be praying for you one that you don't have alot of side effects and two that you will be in remission right away. Have fun wig shopping I have three wigs one is like my hair before I lost it mediem blound and at my shoulders, second one is long curly light blound my mom calls it my Dolly Parton wig lol, and third one is a short and spunky redish blound wig for my wild side lol. That way when I want to change it up I can so have fun with it and try on some that you would have never thought you would like you might find it to very fun. :)

Anne
  • Lmm041
    Lmm041 Member Posts: 33
    Options
    Good Luck!
    I hope you have a quick response and a long remission. How long was your first remission? My wife is starting on Carbo and Gemzar for her first recurrence after a year of remission. No Taxol based chemo for her since her tumors grew in spite being on a Taxol maintenance regimen.
  • Barneygirl
    Barneygirl Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Lmm041 said:

Good Luck!
    I hope you have a quick response and a long remission. How long was your first remission? My wife is starting on Carbo and Gemzar for her first recurrence after a year of remission. No Taxol based chemo for her since her tumors grew in spite being on a Taxol maintenance regimen.

Thanks Lmm. My first
    Thanks Lmm. My first remission was 21 months and my second remission was 5 years. Good luck to your wife with the Carbo/Gemzar!
  • Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have not done any other
    I have not done any other chemos beyond cisplatin/etoposide. Cisplatin was harsh but I am learning most chemos are harsh. It is all a matter of degrees.
  • Barneygirl
    Barneygirl Member Posts: 90
    Options

prays
    I will be praying for you one that you don't have alot of side effects and two that you will be in remission right away. Have fun wig shopping I have three wigs one is like my hair before I lost it mediem blound and at my shoulders, second one is long curly light blound my mom calls it my Dolly Parton wig lol, and third one is a short and spunky redish blound wig for my wild side lol. That way when I want to change it up I can so have fun with it and try on some that you would have never thought you would like you might find it to very fun. :)

Anne

Thanks Anne. The side
    Thanks Anne. The side effects do sound harsh when they go over every "possible" scenario. I've heard there is a minority of people who permanently lose their hair after Taxotere and fingernails can be a problem. I've done my research so I'm prepared.