Options
124»

Comments

• longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Mickg

Wow sounds like you are doing just great so far in your treatment. Chili, my wife makes a chili that I love but with no spices as I still have a problems with peppers. Funny thing is that I grow peppers and can’t eat them, all the family & friends comes over because there are no other peppers like mine they say. I think it is because they don’t want to take the times and trouble to grow them when they can get them for free.

You are getting close to the end now only a few weeks to go, keep pressing for the finish line.

Wishing you the very best
    Hondo

they are still fun to grow though
    I grow every pepper known to man. Just like to watch them grow. My taste eventually returned to normal after treatment. The last things took 2-3 years--- chocolate and citrus fruit.
  • Mickg01
    Mickg01 Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2016 #63
    Options
    And 5 years later:

Posted in 3 places in the hopes it encourages others:

I was diagnosed with cancer of the Vocal chords in 2011. In fact my ENT orginally said "It's either warts or canncer. And you'd better hope it is Cancer, that we can trat while warts keep coming back.

Well it's now 5 years later and my ENT is just about to cut me loose.

I only had 34 radiation treatments. No chemo. After the treatment I had a period of soreness and hoarseness whuch has since gone away and all I'm left with is a regular occurrence of cramps in my neck muscles. Stretch your neck by looking up and massage the area. Just ignore the people who give you strange looks. 

Oh! and I still have an area where the beard just doesn't grow. No hardship there at all.

The eating is back to normal though I did manage to drop 50lb. Blossom still looks me in the eye though she's getting old at 14.

Oh and I found a great distraction in breaking both Tibia an Fibule a year and half ago.

Time to stop making all these doctors richer.

:-D

• dygit
    dygit Member Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Mickg01 said:

And 5 years later:

I was diagnosed with cancer of the Vocal chords in 2011. In fact my ENT orginally said "It's either warts or canncer. And you'd better hope it is Cancer, that we can trat while warts keep coming back.

I only had 34 radiation treatments. No chemo. After the treatment I had a period of soreness and hoarseness whuch has since gone away and all I'm left with is a regular occurrence of cramps in my neck muscles. Stretch your neck by looking up and massage the area. Just ignore the people who give you strange looks. 

Oh! and I still have an area where the beard just doesn't grow. No hardship there at all.

The eating is back to normal though I did manage to drop 50lb. Blossom still looks me in the eye though she's getting old at 14.

Oh and I found a great distraction in breaking both Tibia an Fibule a year and half ago.

So glad you updated!

Thanks for the update - nice to hear of the success! I just had a needle biopsy of a lymph node on my left neck yesterday and it was positive for cancer. By Monday, the pathologist will have further info. I am due to have a PET scan Weds. Glad I got on the boards here.....

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    edited May 2016 #65
    Options
    Mickg01 said:

And 5 years later:

Very nice update.

With all the NED you were able to hear and at the 5 year mark, it changes to Cured.

Bill  Oct 2013

• cardoza33
    cardoza33 Member Posts: 81
    Options
    dygit said:

So glad you updated!

Thanks for the update - nice to hear of the success! I just had a needle biopsy of a lymph node on my left neck yesterday and it was positive for cancer. By Monday, the pathologist will have further info. I am due to have a PET scan Weds. Glad I got on the boards here.....

Hello,

Hello,

I was diagnosed with stage 4 tonsil cancer 11/21/15 and am started treatment and recovery 5 months ago today.  Still in the recovery stages.  Check to see if your cancer is HPV?  I know you are probably freaked out, but as you will learn from this and other websites, tonsil/neck cancer particularly HPV related is very curable.  Its very curable, but "probably" the most brutal treatment/recovery there is.  I was told this and now I can agree its brutal, but I just got my first No Evidence of Disease ct scan this last month, so I am cancer free and able to enjoy my family right now.  I'm only 45 years and have small children.  I am thankful.  If you need to talk to anyone I would be happy to talk with you about question you may have.  I talked to a few guys I met on websites when I initiallly found out  about it, it was helpful to me.  Mellowed me out.  Good luck next week.  Tony

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    dygit said:

So glad you updated!

Welcome to H&N group Dygit

Welcome to the group, but also sorry you need to be here. For now, I will suggest reading the SuperThread at the top and it will help with terms and help as well. You will have questions for your doctor and I have found it's better to write them down and leave room for the answers. Just hand them to the doctor, he will answer one and you can just go blank and forget everything he said. My doctor wrote the answers as he explained them. Take someone with you as it is a major shock to hear, and you can also you a smart phone and record it as well.

Keep hydrated and drink water, as you need to keep swallowing.

Bill