Pink and Blue Ribbon - IBC

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited September 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
When I was up at Ft. Meade today (SD not VA) I was wandering around between the time of Xrays and seeing podiatrist and in one of the display cases there was 'stuff' on cancer and the color of ribbons for the different types that I hadn't seen before. They were both pink and blue. The one that was pink wrapped over blue is for Inflammatory Breast Cancer. The one that is blue wrapped over the pink is for male Breast Cancer.

Anyone seen these?

Susan

Comments

• poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    I haven't, but I'd like the
    I haven't, but I'd like the pink and blue I'm sure.

Judy
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Blue Ribbon
    Interesting. I always thought blue was for Colon Cancer.

IRENE
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Blue Ribbon
    Interesting. I always thought blue was for Colon Cancer.

IRENE

wow, we have our own special ribbon...
    At least people are becoming aware of us IBCers! The more I read here and on the other IBC sites and other breast cancer sites, the more I am thinking that IBC is rare partly because it is often misdiagnosed! So many stories about women who see their doctors with classic IBC symptoms and are dismissed, often with antibiotics or told "your mammo is clear, come back in 6 months" . Really disturbing!

So I am glad that awareness is growing to the point where we have a ribbon...seriously...and I make a point of telling every woman I know about the symptoms of IBC and how you don;t always have to have a lump to have breast cancer - be aware of ANY changes in your breasts.

Laura

Diagnosed IBC 12/16/10