One chemo down 3 more to go!!!

Options
Penny67
Penny67 Member Posts: 65
I had my first chemo today of taxotere and cytoxan. I was fortunate to not have any reastions during the treatment. I am feeling a little tired and my stomach is a bit rumbly but no nausea whatsoever. I plan on taking my anti-nausea every 6 hours whether I need it or not at least for the first 3-4 days.

I also got the results of my PET scan and the only thing they found that they want to do an ultrsound to check is a small nodule on my thyroid. My doctor is not overly concerned but he is very thorough. I really haven't heard of breast cancer going to your thyroid and not anywhere else, so I am not going to freak out like I did for the PET scan. I am just going to say a lot of prayers that it's just a benign nodule and nothing more.

Thank you to everyone that gave me tips for chemo. I hope to not have to need too many as I'm hoping for few side effects at least the first time. Maybe I'm being naive or just trying to have a positive mental attitude!

Comments

• epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    glad your first treatment
    glad your first treatment went smoothly...praying your tyroid nodule are benign..

Hugs
    Eva
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    epark said:

glad your first treatment
    glad your first treatment went smoothly...praying your tyroid nodule are benign..

Hugs
    Eva

good one down . keep
    good one down . keep checking off that box. and before you know it you will be done.
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    I'll bet you are one of
    I'll bet you are one of those people who will have few of the long list of side-effects they read to you. I didn't have much trouble myself.

judy
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    Options
    I'll bet you are one of
    I'll bet you are one of those people who will have few of the long list of side-effects they read to you. I didn't have much trouble myself.

judy
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Glad you are doing well! I
    Glad you are doing well! I didn't have a whole lot of trouble either. Next thing you know you will be all done..... :)

Cindy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    mamolady said:

Glad you are doing well! I
    Glad you are doing well! I didn't have a whole lot of trouble either. Next thing you know you will be all done..... :)

Cindy

Penny .. not to worry you .. but a nodule does NOT
    always lead to thyroid cancer.

In my case, it did. A little over 20 years ago -- young, naive, and footloose - I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. What I find so strange --- is that many women whom I know, or met during my journey with breast cancer -- have the same history ==== Thyroid cancer first .. 10 plus years later, diagnosed with breast cancer. This is just my personal history.

Smiling that you endured your first chemo infusion, with little to no discomfort. Hoping and praying this continues for the balance of your treatments.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Penny .. not to worry you .. but a nodule does NOT
    always lead to thyroid cancer.

In my case, it did. A little over 20 years ago -- young, naive, and footloose - I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. What I find so strange --- is that many women whom I know, or met during my journey with breast cancer -- have the same history ==== Thyroid cancer first .. 10 plus years later, diagnosed with breast cancer. This is just my personal history.

Smiling that you endured your first chemo infusion, with little to no discomfort. Hoping and praying this continues for the balance of your treatments.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

Great to hear you did well
    Great to hear you did well with your first treatment. Now you have a break till the next one. Many people have no side effects and you may well be one of them. I hope so.
    Keep us posted on the thyroid - I'll keep you in my prayers, Penny.

Hugs,
    Pam
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Pam5 said:

Great to hear you did well
    Great to hear you did well with your first treatment. Now you have a break till the next one. Many people have no side effects and you may well be one of them. I hope so.
    Keep us posted on the thyroid - I'll keep you in my prayers, Penny.

Hugs,
    Pam

The first one's the scariest--
    and now it's behind you! You're going to do great. I would take the PET scan results as very good indeed. Once you get that pesky little thing on the thyroid checked out, you'll feel better. Best of luck with that--let us know.

Hugs, Renee
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Penny
    Glad you are doing well after your first chemo. It is always the unknown that is worse than the actual treatments. Was very happy to hear the results of your Pet Scan and that we were all with you in spirit.

~Carol
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Glad your first
    chemo went well. I had 6 rounds of the same cocktail. The only side effects I had were increased tiredness by the 5th and 6th treatments and I had joint pain the weekend after my Neulasta shots. Will you be getting them? Stay hydrated and use plastic silverware. It really does help. I also used Biotene mouthwash and toothpaste. I hope the rest of your chemo treatments go as well as the first. I never used the anti nausea meds.

As for the PET scan noticing thyroid: I had a thyroid biopsy a month after being dx and it was benign. Hope yours is too :D
    {{hugs}} Char