sore Heals

Options
disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
I am sure nothing to do with Tamoxifen but MY heals for past month or more are sore/tender when walking! Anyone else have this issue?

Denise

Comments

• mollieb
    mollieb Member Posts: 148
    Options
    Sounds Like Plantar Fasciitis
    Does it get better when you stay off your feet and then hurt when you stand up or walk again? Does it get worse when you do a lot of walking? The plantar fascia is part of a chain of tendons that starts in your hip, runs behind your knee, past your ankle (Achilles tendon), and crosses over your foot from the heel to the middle of the outside of your foot. When you don't stretch, it tightens up, and then when you walk on it it pulls and causes hurt somewhere in the system, usually at the heel. It is also worse if you are heavy, but my young fit daughter has it, so being heavy is not a requirement. First line of defense is stretching: face the wall and lean against it. Put one foot back at a time and feel the stretch in the back of your knee. Do this 10-15 times on both sides two or three times a day. That might be all you need -- just don't stop stretching when it gets better. If that doesn't do the trick, you can have custom orthotics made (a doctor prescribes them and insurance usually pays for them) and/or have a shot of cortisone in your heel. That makes it better for a few months, allowing you to work on the root cause with stretching so that when the cortisone wears off you won't injure the tendon again.

I am not a doctor, but I do have personal experience with plantar fasciitis!
  • RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Heel pain
    Suffer from this on one heel, after googling it and then chatting to friends. Came up with the same idea, heel spurs. Like the other lady said, stretching out the foot and rolling the heel on a golf ball or tube etc a few times a day is recommended by the professionals. Had this problem for a year or so and it appears to be getting better now. Falling apart.............. Now coping with frozen shoulder, yeh.......
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options

Heel pain
    Suffer from this on one heel, after googling it and then chatting to friends. Came up with the same idea, heel spurs. Like the other lady said, stretching out the foot and rolling the heel on a golf ball or tube etc a few times a day is recommended by the professionals. Had this problem for a year or so and it appears to be getting better now. Falling apart.............. Now coping with frozen shoulder, yeh.......

thanks...

thanks...
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options

thanks...

thanks...

Yes, definitely, I had
    Yes, definitely, I had it....just can't remember if I was on Tamoxifen or Aromasin at the time. I am positive it was related to the drugs. It was diagnosed as Plantar Fascititis and mollieb has written a great post on it. Stretching as she describes does help. I am convinced my meds had something to do with it.
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Femara!!!!!
    I've been on femara for about 4 months now and yes my heels hurt when i get up i can't move fast ,i have a foot board on my bed and i rub them there,I also have joint pains in the thumb especially bad,I've been on lyrica didn't help,I've been on neurotin not helping,I haven't felt like exercising but i think if i would it would feel better,I don't want to take any more meds so exercising is my next option. MOLLYZ
  • PALLEN1954
    PALLEN1954 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    mollyz said:

Femara!!!!!
    I've been on femara for about 4 months now and yes my heels hurt when i get up i can't move fast ,i have a foot board on my bed and i rub them there,I also have joint pains in the thumb especially bad,I've been on lyrica didn't help,I've been on neurotin not helping,I haven't felt like exercising but i think if i would it would feel better,I don't want to take any more meds so exercising is my next option. MOLLYZ

SORE FEET ON FEMARA
    i just found this site and I am so glad I did! I have been on Femara for about 8 months now - and yes my legs especially ache all the time - a flue like ache - and in the mornings when i get up my feet are really sore and stiff! Even after sitting for a while. Takes a while to get moving on them! I am glad to read these blogs and find out this is possibly a side effect of Femara!!