what to say!

Options
disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
My daughter now works at local Imagining Center (xrays, mammos etc) where I go and have been long before she worked there. Anyhow, she said to group other night at small party-" I have had 3-4 woman come crying on my shoulder when they get the news, what do I say to them?"

MIND you she didnt' ask me-that night or even when I was going through it...

(NOW I have to call my daughter to make all my appts...)

Denise

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I would say...
    She needs to ask the physician/radiologist who reads the mammo's what she should say to these women......
    Hugs, Nancy
  • mollieb
    mollieb Member Posts: 148
    Options
    Don't Let it Get to You
    My daughters don't think I know anything either, especially the counseling student. I have been diagnosed with all sorts of disorders since she started grad school. Someday she will figure out that Mother might be a source of good advice after all. Until then I just let it roll off my back.
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    mollieb said:

Don't Let it Get to You
    My daughters don't think I know anything either, especially the counseling student. I have been diagnosed with all sorts of disorders since she started grad school. Someday she will figure out that Mother might be a source of good advice after all. Until then I just let it roll off my back.

MY oldest has never asked in
    MY oldest has never asked in over 3 yrs anything at all. MAY I HAD total hysterectomy due to tamoxifen-3 days after home she said (after talking to coworkers who have had same surgery) " dont' try to be super woman" you are not!

that was her way of ]saying take it easy! in a round about way.

So she has never mentioned, asked, talked about BC, surgery, radiation nothing...

maybe her way of dealing...

we all handle things differently

Denise
  • mollieb
    mollieb Member Posts: 148
    Options

MY oldest has never asked in
    MY oldest has never asked in over 3 yrs anything at all. MAY I HAD total hysterectomy due to tamoxifen-3 days after home she said (after talking to coworkers who have had same surgery) " dont' try to be super woman" you are not!

that was her way of ]saying take it easy! in a round about way.

So she has never mentioned, asked, talked about BC, surgery, radiation nothing...

maybe her way of dealing...

we all handle things differently

Denise

I agree
    It probably is her way of handling it -- she is afraid to lose you, and worried about what it means for her. My oldest (the grad student) heard about my first dx seven years ago and said something like, "Oh, great! Something else I can inherit!" She has actually pretty great this time around, especially after I was hit by the car and was so very sick for weeks. She is older now and better able to deal with it. I bet your daughter's experience with other women with bc will make her a better support for you.
  • disneyfan2008
    Options
    mollieb said:

I agree
    It probably is her way of handling it -- she is afraid to lose you, and worried about what it means for her. My oldest (the grad student) heard about my first dx seven years ago and said something like, "Oh, great! Something else I can inherit!" She has actually pretty great this time around, especially after I was hit by the car and was so very sick for weeks. She is older now and better able to deal with it. I bet your daughter's experience with other women with bc will make her a better support for you.

wow hit by car as
    wow hit by car as well...yikes...

I am sure mine is seeing the impact with patients at her office..for sure..

FUNNY mine said same comment about inherit or in genes! I ALSO HAVE U.C.

I have checked both sides of family and I am the only BC or UC..

Denise