Any Caregivers?

Options
bkmils
bkmils Member Posts: 8
edited September 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
I am looking to interact with other caregivers as I am currently taking care of my mom. It's been a difficult road for me. I find myself becoming so stressed and overloaded trying to manage everything and often times I find that I fall into depression. I want to be strong for her and stay positive but it's not always that easy. I would like to know if there's anyone who would like to share their experience?

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Try...
    The cancer center where she had her treatments...most all have support groups for caregivers....on this board the majority of us are on the receiving end of caregivers.....

You sound like a loving, caring daughter...also contact your local American Cancer Society....they are a wealth of information...

Wishing your Mom well....and you, too!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Try...
    The cancer center where she had her treatments...most all have support groups for caregivers....on this board the majority of us are on the receiving end of caregivers.....

You sound like a loving, caring daughter...also contact your local American Cancer Society....they are a wealth of information...

Wishing your Mom well....and you, too!

You are truly a blessing to 'Mom' ...
    I wanted to add that when you log on to the 'discussion board' section .. navigate your way to the bottom of this list --there is a caregivers link.

Nancy provided excellent reference information.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam