Last taxol today!

Options
ldpettit
ldpettit Member Posts: 128
Today I had my last Taxol. I will remain on Herceptin until June 2012. In meeting with the MO I asked her if after Herceptin am I done with chemo. Only to find out that I will be on Tamoxifen for 5 years once the Herceptin is done. It's frustrating as we met in February for my treatment plan and I wasn't advised this at all. As a matter of fact only today did I FINALLY get out of her a confirmation of my stage - 3a, by the way. Then found out I am also ER+/PR+.

So I'm celebrating the last Taxol... and going to let go of the rest just for now. :) One more step down to getting the business of the treatment of cancer behind me! WAHOO

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Yippee ki-yay!!!
    ... Adding your to our alumna of 'Chemo Queens'.

Job well done .. now rest, and ready yourself for that finish line ... with the exception of of finishing Herceptin -- and that Tamoxifen.

I am doing my happy dance .. hap hap happy .. ouch, oops, I just stumbled a little -- no worries, I didn't break any bones ...

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Yippee ki-yay!!!

Job well done .. now rest, and ready yourself for that finish line ... with the exception of of finishing Herceptin -- and that Tamoxifen.

I am doing my happy dance .. hap hap happy .. ouch, oops, I just stumbled a little -- no worries, I didn't break any bones ...

Vicki Sam

congratulations!
    on finishing your Taxol treatments!

Laura
  • pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112
    Options
    dbhadra said:

congratulations!

Laura

Way to go.....
    I am sooooo happy for you. Celebrate every step you complete, and before you know it, you will be finished with your treatments. I hope all those nasty chemo SE's are just an awful memory from now on.

Hugs,
    Debbie
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    It feels great to finish a
    It feels great to finish a treatment, and to move forward to the next step. Congrats!

:)
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

It feels great to finish a treatment, and to move forward to the next step. Congrats!

Congrats on finishing Taxol,
    Congrats on finishing Taxol, that was tough one for me.
    Onward and upward!
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Penny67
    Penny67 Member Posts: 65
    Options

Onward and upward!
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Congratulations!
    Congratulations on your last treatment of taxol!! What a great feeling that must be. I just had my first of 4 treatments and I'm elated to have 1 down. I can only imagine how you must feel! After I finish my chemo I will also be on tamoxofin for 5 years.
  • ldpettit
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Yippee ki-yay!!!

Vicki Sam

YIPPEE
    Thanks Vicki!! and SO glad you didn't break any bones on the happy dance... lol You know how brittle they get after or on chemo.

It feels great to be done with each step. I found out they moved up the Herceptin to Monday to start the new dosage. Feeling a little anxious as the amount will be almost 3 times what I have been taking of it. Praying it all goes well and my heart can tolerate it!

Thanks again Vicki!!
  • ldpettit
    Options

LoveBabyJesus
    YES, it sure does... Thank you!!
  • ldpettit
    Options
    Penny67 said:

Congratulations!
    Congratulations on your last treatment of taxol!! What a great feeling that must be. I just had my first of 4 treatments and I'm elated to have 1 down. I can only imagine how you must feel! After I finish my chemo I will also be on tamoxofin for 5 years.

Taxol
    Penny67 - yes each step gets me closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. I know you feel the same with each step. You have 4 Taxols? Do you have Herceptin as well?
  • ldpettit
    Options

Onward and upward!
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Lighthouse_7
    Thank you Wanda... Taxol had it's own side effects for sure for me... sounds like for you as well. However, SO much easier than the first combo which was A/C. One more chemo to check off the list... YEA!!
  • ldpettit
    Options

Way to go.....
    I am sooooo happy for you. Celebrate every step you complete, and before you know it, you will be finished with your treatments. I hope all those nasty chemo SE's are just an awful memory from now on.

Hugs,
    Debbie

pinkpallette
    Debbie - Thank you! I'm celebrating... for sure! You have to right?? This journey would be so dull if we didn't stop and celebrate now and again!! WAHOO!! Doing a BIG dance right now for this part of the journey!!
  • ldpettit
    Options
    dbhadra said:

congratulations!

Laura

dbhadra
    Thank you Laura!!! WAHOO!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    one down one more to to...I
    one down one more to to...I have 18mths left on tamoxifen...

Denise
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options

Denise

One Down and Done! That's
    One Down and Done! That's Huge!!! Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate!!! Don't worry about the next ones. You'll finish them too - one at a time. We'll all celebrate those with you each to time they come around. This is awesome news!

Hugs'nHugs
    Pam
  • ldpettit
    Options

Denise

disneyfan2008
    Denise - how has it been on the Tamoxifen for you?
  • ldpettit
    Options
    Pam5 said:

One Down and Done! That's
    One Down and Done! That's Huge!!! Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate!!! Don't worry about the next ones. You'll finish them too - one at a time. We'll all celebrate those with you each to time they come around. This is awesome news!

Hugs'nHugs
    Pam

Pam 5
    Thank you!!! BIG celebrating!! It's a small victory that I am glad to take!!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    ldpettit said:

Pam 5
    Thank you!!! BIG celebrating!! It's a small victory that I am glad to take!!

It's not a small victory, it
    It's not a small victory, it is huge! Congrats!!!!